Chapter Eight

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

( Terribly Desirable )    ✝︎     ───      08.
Bloodletting.

MELODY, RICK, Shane and Otis ran towards the farm with Rick holding Carl in his arms. Shane was yelling at Otis to hurry up, Rick was yelling at him to know how long he had to go and Melody was busy making sure Carl was going to be okay. Melody seen a house in the distance, speeding up after showing Rick. She opened the gate for them, running up to the house and stopping a few feet in front of the steps.

"Was he bit?" An older man, Hershel, asked Rick after he ran up. Melody shook her head, moving Carl's hair out of his face.

"He was shot by one of your men," Melody replies, watching as Hershel gestured for Rick and Melody to come inside.

Melody pulled Rick back after he laid Carl on the bed to let Hershel get to Carl, her hand going into his bloodied one. Rick was in far too much shock to say anything, his eyes never leaving his son. She squeezed his hand as she watches as Hershel listens for Carl's heartbeat. Hershel confirms that he could hear one, a feeling of relief filling Rick.

"Your names?" Hershel asked them. Melody cleared her throat as she looked over at him.

"Melody," She responded, noticing that Rick was far too focused on Carl. "That's Rick."

"Rick, Melody, we're gonna do everything we can, okay?" Hershel told them. "You need to give us some room. Now."

Melody nodded her head, pulling Rick away from the bed. The feeling of the blood on Rick's hand was uncomfortable, especially since it was Carl's blood. She nudged him after seeing Shane and Otis running towards the house.

Rick slowly walked out of the house, Melody staying inside. She hesitantly walked to the side of the bed, sending Hershel a concerned look.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Melody asked, her hand finding the bracelet on her wrist. An older woman looked up at her, gesturing for her to take her place. She quickly placed her hands over Carl's stomach to apply pressure.

"I take it you were the one that tied their shirt around his stomach?" Hershel asked after noticing that her shirt matched the bloodied material that had been wrapped around Carl's waist. Melody nodded, moving over to let Hershel take over. "You might've just saved him from having more blood loss than he already has."

Melody heard Rick, Shane and Otis walk in, letting Rick stand in the spot she was stood at.

"You know his blood type?" Hershel asked Rick as he looked at Carl's wound.