✰ 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 ✰

New York, 1977 

A thick, suffocating restlessness lingered in the air around them. A tension so calamitous and heavy Angelina felt her chest was collapsing in on itself. She didn't know whether she wanted to ball up her fist and find something to lunge at him or run away to sob pitifully in a place where nobody would find her. Instead, she dug her sharp and jagged fingernails into vulnerable flesh as she folded her arms over her chest. The stinging pain distracted her from letting tears fall.

No words were exchanged between the two young adults. Michael dragged his tongue over his dry lips and skittishly rubbed his nose, a nervous habit of his. He would scratch himself once and then couldn't stop. He kept scratching any and everywhere all over his body. This silence was crushing his spirit, and his anxiety made him feel uncontrollably itchy. He stopped himself and stood tall and firm, wanting to assert dominance but not quite sure why he felt the need to in the first place. He knows he's the reason she's upset, he's not the victim here.

"Michael, I'm going to ask you this one more time. Can you honestly admit after what happened last night you don't have any sort of feelings for me?" Angelina croaked in a low voice.

The young man laughed nervously but failed to find any humor in his predicament. "Well, when you word it like that it makes it seem like-"

"JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION MICHAEL!"

His face hardened and he took a deep breath. "I...." He trailed with hesitation. "I'm honestly telling you I did not mean anything when we danced last night. Please, you gotta believe me, Angel."

"No!" She shouted with a pained rasp. "You don't get to call me that anymore!" Her jaw quivered as she observed the hurt hidden behind his glossy, doe eyes. But whatever hurt he felt, she felt it 4 times worse.

"How can you stand there and say you feel absolutely nothing between us with the way you gaze into my eyes, the way you smile when you see me enter a room, the way I'm always the first one you run to when you've had a rough day." Angelina's voice gave out, resulting in nothing but a defeated whine that tore through Michael's heart like a spear. He hated to see her upset, and it destroyed him inside that he was the cause of her agony.

"It's complicated Angelina . . ." was all he could muster up to say.

She felt another stab to her abdomen. She couldn't fight the tears anymore, and a singular, salty droplet moistened her brown face. Michael immediately ran over and gently cupped her cheeks, wiping the tear away. Angelina firmly squeezed his wrist and threw his hands off of her.

"Find another bitch to toy around with. I wish I had never met you, Jackson." She spat with poison laced in her words.

Angelina stormed out of the trailer, leaving Michael frozen in a state of despondency.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ . . .

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗢𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝘁 ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥