✨Ch-15 Unspoken Fears ✨

-------------------------------------------

In the silence of the night, a heart seeks its mate,

A knock on the window, a question resonates.

In the echo of her name, a worry takes its shape,

In the depth of the unknown, a story begins to drape.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm left questioning myself, "What happened to me? Why did I act like this?" Ana's words continue to echo in my mind, a haunting refrain that I can't escape

"You don't get to decide that. You don't get to claim me as yours without my consent. Love is not about possession, it's about respect and understanding."

"Love is about partnership, not ownership. It's about trust and mutual respect. If you can't understand that, then maybe we need to reconsider this."

I lost control, I acted foolishly, but it was more than that - I was insecure. I didn't knew I loved Ana until the day when I saw Aaron kissing Ana.

Whatever I did today wasn't me, I know I act like a playboy but what I did today makes me a red flag. Aaron presence stirred up feelings in me that I didn't know how to handle. But now, I need to face them head-on.

I watch as Ana walks away, her words still ringing in my ears. I feel a pang of regret, a heavy weight settling in my chest. I had let my emotions get the better of me, and now I was paying the price.

I glance at the passenger seat, still warm from Ana's presence. The silence feels deafening, her absence palpable. I grip the steering wheel tighter, my knuckles turning white.

I had messed up, there was no denying that. But it wasn't too late to make things right. I just needed to show Ana that I understood her words, that I respected her feelings.

I park the car and step out, my thoughts in a whirlwind. The sound of Mia's voice cuts through the chaos.

"Caleb," she calls out. I turn to see her standing there, a beacon of calm amidst my turmoil.

"I hope you're not nervous," I say, reaching out to ruffle her hair affectionately. She's always been the brave one, my little sister.

"No, I'm not," she replies confidently. "Not when you and Jake are here with me." She reaches out to pull Jake closer, her boyfriend who's been a constant presence in her life.

"Carter," Jake begins, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I just wanted to say that I really care about Mia."

"I know you do, Jake," I reply, my tone serious. "And I appreciate that. But you should also know that Mia means the world to me. She's not just my little sister, she's my responsibility."