chapter 6

I removed the pen from my teeth as I picked up my phone, which was ringing with my best friend's number flashing on it.

"The results are out, Sahiba!" My breath hitched at her words.

"You toped Sahiba; you scored more marks than Kabir!". She exclaimed in joy as I grinned at her words. The only thing that was going through my mind was that I won, and he would do whatever I asked for. An evil plan is forming in my head. I talked with her for a while and cut the call as I had to dial another number.

"Should I bring some antibiotics tomorrow, Mr. Raichand?" I spoke as soon as he picked up the call.

"And why is that, Ms. Gill?" He replied in his calming voice.

"It must be hurting when you see your name below mine," I replied.

"Nah, baby, do one thing: bring some sweets."

"And why is that?" I asked, frowning at his reply.

"Because this is the first time this has happened, you would want to distribute them to the whole fucking college that finally you were first since this is the only highlight of your year." I gritted my teeth as a strong urge to strangle him overcame me.

"Don't give me this sass; I have won, and according to our agreement, you would do anything I would ask for."

"Sahiba, first or not, you know I will do anything you ask for."

My breath hitched at his words. I do know that, but a little part of me wants to earn it to prove to him that I deserve it. I deserve whatever he gives me.

"So, Mr. Raichand, meet me at nine in front of my house tonight," I said.

"Oh, getting bold, are we sahiba?" He spoke my name, as he always does, like a prayer, and I get drawn to it like a diseased.

"Yes, now I will see you tonight." With that, I bid him good-bye.

I closed my books as I heard my mother calling me for dinner. The atmosphere was stoic at the dinner table as I sat opposite my brother, and my father was sitting right to me where my mother sat with my brother. 

"Your results came today, Sahiba". My brother spoke, wiping his mouth with a napkin. I stopped eating as I looked up at him and smiled.

"Congratulations for scoring first rank." I smiled at him and thanked him as my father's voice interrupted us.

"Good thing you scored better than that richand boy." My smile faltered at the mention of his name in such a dismissive manner. I nodded my head as I continued with my salad. I was going to eat a lot with Kabir tonight.

I waited for my brother and father to go to sleep before I went down and slowly and quietly opened the door. I saw Kabir leaning against his car with a brown overcoat and black trousers adoring his body. One thing that I always admire about him is the way he dresses. He is always put together, wearing formals and coats. He is an intelligent lawyer, and he always dresses the part. I looked at the ring adoring his left hand, the one that I gifted him, and he always wears it. He says it calms him. I walked towards him as he looked up from his phone.

"Hi, Mr. Raichand," I said, ignoring the fluttering as he passed me a breathtaking smile.

"Hello, Sahiba," he whispered as he opened the door for me.

"So, where should I take you, Rani Sahiba?" He spoke, fixing my seat belt and tucking me properly.

"We are going to Tiffany's first." I replied as he mock-honored and revived the engine.

I walked up to the counter as the woman greeted me.

"Is my order ready?" I asked the woman, and she nodded and bought me my gifts. Kabir bought his card to pay and frowned when I told him that I had already paid. We bought some McDonald's as we walked out of the mall towards our car.

I put my fries aside as I opened the gift box and gave it to him.

he took the box carefully and opened it. There was a fancy deep brown diamond pendant, and the diamonds were brown in color, reminding me of his eyes. It was a custom-made piece that I wanted to get for him. He looked at me and then at the pendent.

"You didn't have to do it, Sahiba."

I know, but I wanted to.

"I thought the defeat would be pretty rough on you, so a little appreciation for your efforts that obviously went in vain." I replied by dipping my fries in ketchup. He turned to me as he hugged me tightly. A smile formed on my face as I reciprocated his hug.

The first drop of water on barren land or the first morsel of food after long hunger or starvation must feel like this; it had to. like you were seeking something so desperately, and suddenly it is in front of you the next moment, giving you hope. It is not quite promising, but it is still there, and all you can do is embrace it with open hands because that is all you can do.

" we are not quite done yet" I mumbled as he broke the hug and looked at me.

"No, Sahiba, we are not doing this," Kabir said as he began to turn around. Going back.

"Oh, come on, don't be scared. I am going to be with you."

"Firstly, I am not scared, and secondly, where do you get such ideas from your little spawn of Satan?" He spoke as I grinned at him. We were standing in front of a tattoo shop to get a new tattoo, which Kabir was not too happy about, but alas, who cares? I dragged him inside as we were greeted by a guy with a peircing.

"How can I help you?"

"We want to get a small tattoo," I replied, smiling as Kabir looked around with uncertainty. He took us into a room where a woman was already sitting. She looked at Kabir and smiled. I explained to the guy the kind of tattoo we wanted to get as the woman approached Kabir. She was about to touch him when I interrupted and asked the guy to make the design. He nodded and started as I sat down and observed him keenly.

.....................................................................................................................................................

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are fine.

First, I want to thank you all for 200 reads on my story. It is my first story, and getting this lovely response is very helpful.

If you liked the chapter, please press the star at the bottom, and your feedback is always appreciated.

ok bye!