Chapter 7

Okay everyone as there is no real info on how they test Shinigami I will attempt at making a test and if it seems like maybe that's not what they would do it is a special test so if this is crappy Im real sorry

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasumi stood in a small room by herself, but she could see people gathering in the other room next to the one she was in. She could see the white uniforms of many Captains and she had a hard time discerning Jushrio out as he talked among his comrades. "So your the one that's got quite a few interested," a dull voice came from behind her. Kasumi turned around and met the stern face of a captain. She quickly respectfully bowed not saying anything. The stern faced Captain quietly chuckled and pushed past her, but before stepping into the other room spoke, "Well at least you know your manners for an outsider."

Kasumi straightened out and again looked through the crack in the door. "Captain Kuchiki you finally made it!" another captain called out. Kasumi froze a little remembering hearing the name. Urahara had told her about the noble family and the famous Zanpakuto of the Captain Byakuya Kuchiki. A small, but deep tone rose through the room and everyone quieted shuffling around to take their seats. "Miss Kasumi you may step out now," General Yamamoto told her. She quietly opened the door her nerves starting to get to her as soon as she stepped into the absolute quiet and staring Captains. She stepped to the middle of the room and stopped bowing again. She breathed out silently trying to keep her spiritual pressure in check and not let it get the best of her.

Yamamoto nodded slightly in approval as she did this and it helped calm her further as nothing was ending in disaster yet. "Present your Zanpakuto!" Yamamoto commanded. Kasumi closed her eyes and clapped her hands together opening them straight out. Mikazuki Kiba appeared and Kasumi grabbed the hilt and put it down to her side. She could hear small murmuring erupting from both sides of her and she shifted her feet a little. "Captain Shunsui will you please step up!" Kasumi turned in the direction of the captain. He stood up and walked till he was at least a sword length away. Kasumi noticed Jushiro give a weird look like confusion. What is going on? "Take out your sword please!" Yamamoto commanded. Shunsui mouthed sorry to her and pulled his out. Kasumi's heart beat faster and the fire in the lamps flickered slightly. "Do not attempt to use your Zanpakuto's abilities against Captain Shunsui that is your test!"

Shunsui nervously did what he was supposed to do and attacked Kasumi moved to the side barely dodging the attack. This old man is crazy how am I gonna concentrate my spirit energy like that! Kasumi thought. Again over and over she dodged barely missing his blades. Shunsui was finally growing tired at the multiple swings. Many of the Captains began to look disappointed and Captain Kuchiki just smiled mockingly. Just that smile cracked her. She finally let her energy pile up and threw it a Shunsui who was coming down for an attack the unsuspecting Captain was thrown into Captain Kuchiki. Some of the Captain's mouths dropped and others tried to stifle their pleasure as the stern Captain sat up looking pissed that he had got hit.

Kasumi placed the sword's tip on the ground to support herself a little. She was surprised she was able to do that and it had drained her a little. Shunsui walked past Kasumi giving her a smile and wink as he went to sit back down in his place. "Well done, but there is one more test.. Now you must use your Zanpakuto's abilities against Captain Ju-" Captain Kuchiki had got up and taken the stage. Kasumi mtook a step back from the outraged Captain. "General Yamamoto if you may I will do it. I think it would be best to test her with someone who is not really close to her, so her full abilities may be seen." Yamamoto was quiet for a little bit and he sighed, "I guess it wouldn't hurt, but do not mortally harm her,"

"Of course," his voice was cold and monotone making it hard to know if he was sincere, but Kasumi hoped he would follow his General's command as this man cared about his family's honor. He took out his Zanpakuto and stood there calmly and non-moving. "Fangs, gleam in the moon even stained," Kasumi murmured picking her sword swinging its tip along the ground like a dog's tail. While doing this it glowed slightly and grew from katana into the sword Jushiro saw the other night the sword that looked like a fang.

"Scatter," Byakuya's blade disappeared and Kasumi froze as she watched it disappeared. After a small amount of time she saw something like glittery sakura petals come at her. She grunted as she brought her Zanpakuto up near her face putting her hand on the dull edge. A small tornado sprung up around her and the blades got caught up in the wind only a few escaping through and cutting her. Byakuya's blade came back to the hilt and Kasumi sighed the tornado disappearing. She was spent not remembering when she had to concentrate this much on controlling her energy.

It was deathly quiet, and Kasumi looked around holding her breath. Out of the corner of her eye Yamamoto nodded at Kuchiki. Again his blade disappeared and this time the silver petals appeared. Several cut into her and she could her Jushiro yell something out. She was brought to her knees quickly but something clicked in her mind. "I didn't do this test against my will to just die" Kasumi muttered the petals had stopped for the moment and were hovering around. Jushiro watched helplessly as Shunsui held him back from intervening. Kasumi got up using her sword a burning hate against the General and Kuchiki building up inside her. As soon as she stood the petals came at her. "Stop!" Jushiro again lunged forward and Shunsui lost his grip, but before Jushiro could stand up Kuchiki was knocked against the wall actually cracking the wall.

Kasumi was breathing hard her sword glowing along the huge line of broken boards across the floor. Several of the Captains had quickly jumped out of the way and were saying sorry to those that they had trodden on. Kuchiki stayed where he was knocked unconsciously. "As I said I didn't get forced into this just to die," Kasumi smiled and let Mikazuki Kiba disappear from her hands. That's when everyone noticed the black marks going up her hand and wrist. Kasumi unmoved by it (she doesn't really know what's going on with it) turned to General Yamamoto fighting to stand up. "I have done like you asked, sir. Now may I ask what this was all for?"

"I wished to see if you were capable of training at our school this up coming year and years and join the ranks of Shinigami. By passing both tests and defeating Captain Kuchiki in the process you now have that privilege, but if you wish. I'll let you know now I think you will be trained among second years as you are ahead of firsts years except for Kido which I will have Jushiro teach you as he is plenty of capable. Again this is if you wish, Kasumi" Yamamoto explained in a serious tone. Kasumi looked at all the Captains and lingered a second longer on Jushiro's face which had mixed feeling from fear to pride. She turned back to Yamamoto and with a nod and smile agreed to once more a new future and maybe a good future at that.