𝐎𝐎𝟐 : 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄.

ELOISE

Starting at a new school is never fun. Trust me, I know. After, what felt like the longest day ever, me and Jacks were equally knackered by the time we arrived home from school. Cole thought he was slick earlier, making my sister sit with him and all the popular group. He thinks I can't see through his silly mind games with her, every time I looked over at the table he was already looking at me with a cheeky grin. God did he piss me off.

I asked Jacks about it when we were alone, but she seemed to think it was a nice gesture since she's new and doesn't have friends. I really thought she was the smarter one. Clearly not if she can't see through his crap.

.﹀﹀﹀﹀..﹀﹀﹀﹀.

The next morning, I woke up at 6am on the dot. As soon as I opened my bedroom door, a girl in my year (I think her names Olivia), creeped out of Coles bedroom. Ah, he really fit the narrative I imagined him as to be. I decided to step outside, onto the front porch, to see my sister and Nathan jogging off to somewhere. I took a seat on the porch step and tried to admire my new setting, yet all I could think about was my gone family.

After 30 minutes or so I had gone back inside and prepared myself for a shower. As I make my way towards the bathroom door a guy pushes past me, saying he's next on their schedule and to wait in line. I ask if theirs anyone in there already yet he just shrugs and says probably. You must be joking me, waiting in line for a 10 minute shower? Not a hope. I make my way up to the door and start banging, "Hey! Anyone in there? Open up!" Suddenly, the door flies open, and a shirtless Cole with just a towel on is standing in front of me.

My face begins to turn red yet I say, "God, could you hurry up? I'm not being funny all I need is a quick hair wash." Cole dismisses what I had just said and replies with, "And why are we turning red little Miss New York? Like what you see?" Is this guy being serious? "Can you get over yourself for one minute and hurry the hell up?" He just laughs at me. "You may be more hotheaded than me." A voice, however, chips in. The guy who pushed me out the way. Issac. "She's definitely not. Oh, and you can use the shower downstairs if you don't wanna wait." I let out a sigh of relief. "I'll go use that then."

Mid way through my shower I had come to realise my shampoos & conditioners were no where to be seen. All I could do was use the shampoo already in the bathroom. I squirt some out the bottle and scratch it across the top of my head before hearing a knock from outside. "Oh, Eloise, I forgot to mention, our shampoo has bleach inside so be sure to use your own!" Oh god. "Could you have not mentioned that before letting me get in here?!" I yelled. I don't get a reply though, just a laugh coming from outside the door. "I am so winning this bet!" Issac says to himself before I hear footsteps treading away from the door. Bet? Bet?!

I made sure to wash all the shampoo out of my hair before quickly getting ready for school. I grabbed the first hat I found on the banister. A brown baseball cap. Great fashion statement on my second day of school. Tolerating these kids were going to be a struggle.

.﹀﹀﹀﹀..﹀﹀﹀﹀.

The moment I stood out the car, I could hear the giggling. Christ - this was going to be a long day.  As I head into the doors, I hears Jack's voice begin speaking. "Don't stress over your hair, everyone is so self centred no one will even notice!" I crack a smile. I had told her about it on the journey to school, not loud enough for anyone else in the car to hear though. "I've got to head to class. See you later?" Jackie asked me. "Of course, enjoy hanging out with your new friends." I reply with as she walks away while rolling her eyes.