CHAPTER-16

I returned to my room, closed the door behind me, and sat on the bed with my laptop to finish some work

I returned to my room, closed the door behind me, and sat on the bed with my laptop to finish some work. However, my mind was preoccupied with her words from earlier that night and her sudden transformation from grumpy to sweet sunshine. I won't complain anymore, as I'm enjoying this change and the ease she's bringing to my life.

I didn't expect this from her when I told her about the separation. My dominating yet adorable lady love refused to leave me and gave our marriage a chance, which filled me with immense happiness.

She took the first step towards saving our marriage, and now it's my turn to make it a beautiful journey.

The only thing that bothers me is her statement, "You hurt me with this deal of marrying me, Aditiya, but you're not worse than my dad, so I prefer to stay with you." Her bitter smile hinted at untold stories from her life, making me more curious to know her better.

Her angelic eyes convey a lot during our conversations; she's trying her best to hide her pain behind her bold decision. I want to make her feel comfortable enough to open up to me on her own terms.

"Siya, I promise to ensure that you'll never experience any pain with me. I know my approach to marrying you was wrong, but I promise to never hurt you again." With this thought, I felt a surge of determination to keep her safe and secure, away from the world's negativity.

I completed some of my work, then took out her dupatta, which she had left behind that night when she moved to the guest room.

I brought it close to my chest, hoping her scent would ease my unease and help me sleep peacefully. Her dupatta had been my comfort and sleep aid, something no medicine or drug could provide to heal my insomnia.

"I've got a second chance, and I can't afford to lose her this time," I whispered, closing my eyes.

NEXT DAY

MORNING

"I woke up at 5 am sharp, headed straight to the washroom to freshen up, and changed into my gym clothes. I have a gym in my mansion, and I went there directly.

I usually spend two hours in my gym daily, the only place besides Siya's arms where I find comfort and peace. Before her, whenever I had a bad day, I would spend over three hours in the gym to calm myself and find some ease.

At 7 am, I finished my workout for the day and, while cleaning up, noticed someone standing at the door. I turned my gaze towards the room door and saw Siya standing in her nightwear, her expression a mix of shock, surprise, and more. Her gaze roamed over my bare upper body, and I felt like she was gawking at me. Under her gaze, I felt a sudden rush and butterflies all over my body. She stood there, unblinking.

With a smirk, I approached her slowly and bent down near her ear to whisper, "Siya, want me as your breakfast today?" She came out of her trance, looked at my face with an even more shocked expression, and asked, 'Haan?'

"The way you're gawking at me makes it seem like you want me as your breakfast meal today," I replied with a smirk, causing her to push me away slightly.

By then, her face had turned bright red due to embarrassment, making me smile broadly at her condition.