CHAPTER TWO

The three girls went back to the lobby, noticing that there was no one

"He hasn't come back yet? The teacher left a long time ago." Jung-won said as she made her way around the receptionist's table.

"Nothing could've happened, right? What if he got into an accident? " Yoon-seo spoke up.

"Joon-hee, you don't know when the teacher is coming back, right?" Yoon-seo asked as they turned their heads to see Joon-hee coming down the stairs.

"No, I don't know because I can't reach him." He answered, standing next to his sister.

"Are your phones working?" Joon-hee asked, looking at his sister.

"No, they aren't," Hye-on answered, rubbing her neck.

"Where's the staff here?" Yoon-seo wondered.

Joon-hee answered by saying maybe they all went with the teacher because there was no adult there.

"What? What do we do, then? How long do we have to wait?" Jung-won looked at Joon-hee expectantly.

"There must be a phone in the office. Let's check it out." Hye-on suggested after a while.

They went into the office trying every phone, but none of them worked.

"The coffee hasn't been touched. You really didn't see anyone?" Yoon-seo said, holding the hot cup of coffee in her hands.

"No, I didn't," Joon-hee answered before the phone started ringing.

Yoon-seo picked it up in a hurry, calling out to the other end of the phone, but the only thing she heard was static before it cut off. Hye-on rubbed her temples. She was too tired of what was happening.

"Call the police, 911, or whatever," Jung-won suggested to Yoon-seo, and she dialed 911, but it didn't work.

Their phones dinged as a message was sent by So-mi saying that 'Yoon-seo must come to the pool in the annex right now. It's urgent'.

"Do you know what this is about?" Yoon-seo looked at Joon-hee, who said that it was something about interviewing everyone and asking about the trip.

"Why would you interview in this situation?" Jung-won sighed as they started to leave the office.

"Hye-on? Are you not coming?" Yoon-seo asked as Hye-on stopped by the door.

"I'll catch up with you guys later on." She replied, walking away.

________

Hye-on walked into the gym to see Gyeong-jun, Seung-bin, and Jin-ho hitting Jin Da-beom on the head with the basketball.

She adjusted the black knee brace on her left knee before yelling, "Yah!"

Seung-bin and Jin-ho looked at the girl and then at Gyeong-jun, who smirked at her.