Back from the dead

Natalie and Nora came downstairs to the kitchen. Sitting at the table were Mike, Miles, Dawn, Drew, and Michelle. Damien was sitting on Mike's lap while Michelle held Anne, Drew held Mason, and Dawn held Max. Holden sat at the counter by himself eating some food.

"The princess is finally awake," Nora said aloud causing everyone to turn their attention to her.

"Excuse me but this is my house so you can call me queen thank you very much" Natalie responded and Nora rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say," Nora replied before taking a seat at the kitchen counter next to Holden.

"Mommy!" Damien yelled happily as he jumped off of Mike and ran over to Natalie giving her a big hug.

"Hi, baby," Natalie said and picked him up in her arms. She held him and kissed his cheek. "Did you sleep well last night?" she asked and Damien shook his head.

"I had a bad dream," he told her.

"You didn't tell me you had a bad dream," Mike said getting up and walking over to them and Natalie looked directly at Miles.

"It wasn't me so don't look at me like that," Miles said as he got up and walked out of the room upset

"We will go talk to him," Michelle said as she and Drew got up and went after Miles giving the babies to Nora and Holden.

"Tell us about the dream Damien," Mike said to him.

"The bad man was there. He said to get Mommy to meet with him. I said no and he got angry then I woke up." Damien explained. Natalie became enraged that this happened. "Mommy are you mad at me?" he asked.

"What? Of course not. I love you. I am just mad at the bad man but don't worry. Mommy and Daddy will take care of it." Natalie answered and gave him a tight hug.

"That's right buddy. We are going to keep you and your brothers and sister safe. He won't be able to bother us anymore after today." Mike added.

"Do you promise?" Damien asked.

"Yes, I promise," Mike answered with a smile. Damien reached his arms out to Mike and he took him. "Natalie, why don't you sit down and eat something? It is going to be a long day." Natalie nodded and sat down at the table. She orbed herself a bowl and cereal when suddenly Zephyr and Zemirah popped in out of nowhere.

"I don't think this is a good idea Zemirah," Zephyr said.

"Just try trusting me for once Zephyr. This plan will work." Zemirah told him.

"What plan?" Natalie asked looking at them.

"I know how to stop Thamien without having to fight it out," Zemirah said.

"Yes, but it involves bringing him back to life which I highly disagree with," Zephyr said.

"I'm with Zephyr on this. There is no way we are bringing him back to life." Mike agreed.

"Will you all just listen to me for a second? Before he went full-on crazy to take over the world, there was a point in time when he was just his normal regular self." Zemirah told them.

"Yeah I hate to break it to you but there is no such side of Thamien that you are referring to," Zephyr said.

"You just never saw it because you were so focused on being a drill sergeant." Zemirah corrected. "It was around the 1930s when Thamien, who went by his real name Thatcher at the time, had met and fallen in love with this sweet girl named Samantha. She brought out the good in him. Anyway, she was a regular human. She got sick with tuberculosis and she died. Well at least that is what he thinks." she explained.

"How is that possible?" Natalie asked confused.

"Your father is not the first to experiment with infusing mutant genetics into a regular human," Zephyr answered with a sigh.

"You never mentioned that before," Mike told him.

"That's because I didn't think he was successful. I thought she was dead myself until now." Zephyr said.

"Yes, I kept it a secret. I was very desperate to keep her alive, for Thatcher's sake. I met up with this man who said he had found a way to cure the ill with mutant genetics. I used what he gave me on Samantha. While we all thought she was dead, she was going through a transformation." Zemirah explained. "I took on the act of burying her and that is when I discovered she wasn't dead."

"And how did you discover that?" she asked.

"Well, she woke up and attacked me. The mutant genes he used were mixed with bat and spider DNA. It gave her mortality with a hungry thirst for blood and the ability to use echolocation. Over the years I have tried working on getting her to control her thirst. Obviously, that didn't work. I eventually came up with this crazy idea that I needed to eliminate the spider DNA in her system. After many years of failed attempts, I went looking for someone with expertise in this stuff. That's when I learned about your father Natalie."

"My father helped you?" Natalie asked confused.

"No, not exactly. Your father created some prototype vaccines that are supposed to kill abnormalities in the human body. Of course, everything he made was not stable enough. So I would just take them while he was not looking. Since I took so many he thought it was a sign that he should give up on the project. I started giving small doses of the many samples to Samantha in a dimension that I keep her in so she stays safe and can't hurt anyone. I gave her the last dose of what I had left a few days ago before I ended up coming here and getting involved." she continued until Zephyr stopped her.

"Long story short, Zemirah went to check on her this morning and it seems that blood thirst is gone. So she wants to bring Thamien back to life to reunite him with Samantha." Zephyr explained.

"What makes you think that he would even still want to be with her? He is deranged." Natalie commented. "And how do you know that she isn't pretending to not have blood thirst? I'm sorry but the thought of letting those two out in the world together sounds like a horrible idea."

"I can prove that she is not bloodthirsty anymore," Zemirah replied with a smile.

"Oh, no. Here we go." Zephyr said.