Failed Mission. -Ghost-

The mission was a disaster. It was supposed to be an easy 'in and out' job, rescuing some higher up's daughter. What we didn't know was that gunmen were waiting to ambush us. Luckily no one died. But  some fellow soldiers got real hurt. Bad shit. And it was I feel it was my fault. Or at least Simon thinks it was my fault.

I was driving through the desert roads of Iraq, swerving to avoid enemy missiles and bullets. I just had to get to the team meetup spot to regroup before the next part of the mission. The car rocked around violently as I tried my best to avoid the flying metal. My fellow soldiers worked vigilantly behind me in the rear of the car shooting at the terrorists. They managed to take out quite a few, but trucks full of them appeared right after their comrades deaths. After about 20 minutes of this chase, I accidentally take a wrong turn and end up crashing into a ditch.

I wake up to Captain Price dragging me out of the fiery car crash. My heads pounding and I can barely make sense of my surroundings. It seems the terrorists crashed next to us as well, but I don't see anyone crawling out. How tragic. I see Price trying to talk to me, but I can't hear anything coming out of his mouth. My ears ring. I lift my hand to touch it and notice it's bleeding. Well shit. I find myself growing tired. Price starts to try to shake me, trying to keep my conscious, but I feel myself slipping, and I feel so tired. I let my eyes shut.

I wake up again, this time in a hospital bed. Weird wires connect into my arm. I can tell one of them is an IV, but I can't exactly tell what the other two are. I hear the faint but persistent beeping of the heart monitor. My eyes go into focus and I see people talking outside the room.  It seems to be some doctors discussing something important. One of them glances at me and notices i'm awake, and they practically trip over  themselves rushing into the room. They ask me multiple questions spontaneously. I answer as best I can, since i'm still groggy. The doctors rush off after taking my vitals and checking my lungs, and I notice Simon has entered the room.

It's silent. I don't talk, he doesn't, all we do is stare at each other. He has his arms crossed as he leans on the wall in front of the bed.

"Hi." I say. What am I supposed to say? He stays silent. Now i'm kind of scared. My voice comes out lower pitched than usual.

"Why'd you do that." He responds after 30 seconds. What's that supposed to mean? Is this about the mission?

"Do what?"

"You know what."

"No, I really don't. Is this... about the mission?" I question.

"What else would it be about?" Damn. He's snappy.

"Is this about my driving or something? Oh my god, did anyone die? How long have I even been out?" I start to get a bit worried.

"No one died. This is about your driving. You've been out for 2 and a half days." He answers all my questions. 2 and a half?? that's a long ass time to be out.

"Oh. About the mission- I was trying to get to the meetup spot, where we regroup and shit. But the terrorists ambushed us-" He cuts me off with a yell.

"You should've known. It's your job to know. You jeopardized the entire mission now." He looks at me with anger and frustration.

"Ghost, I literally could not do anything. If I had kept driving we would have all died. If I had known about the terrorists, it wouldn't matter since they were located all throughout the roads and alleyways!" I yell back as loud as I can, though it's not super loud since i'm still healing.

"You should have done better." He says.

"If you were in my situation, you would have done the same exact thing!"