Chapter 12 ~ movie night ~

Dean had to admit, he had been looking forward to spending another evening with Nate over the weekend, just the two of them so when Nate called him and asked if he had wanted to go to a club with the gang on Saturday night he couldn't help but feel disappointed.

After asking who the 'gang' consisted of, Nate had replied saying Hayden, Dominic, Miki and Korn and Dominic was booking the VIP lounge. Dean agreed to go regardless, at least he would get to see Nate, seeing him with the gang was better than not seeing him at all.

Some of Hayden and Dominic's work colleagues were also going, a guy called Man and his boyfriend Noel, another couple of guy's called Gunny and Lam and a girl called Mina who was dating a pilot.

Considering a lot of others were going, Dean asked if he could invite his friend Tan and Nate had said the more the merrier. Dean suspected that Tan was interested in Miki so he might as well try and lend him a helping hand.

Dean still felt uneasy with the current status quo, he and Nate had messaged one another frequently to chat but until they could clarify their relationship, what they had shared amounted to little more than a one night stand, sighing, he picked up his cell phone he called Tan,

"hey Tan, do you want to go clubbing on Saturday night, there's a gang going?"

"a gang? anyone I know?" Tan asked.

"well, that guy Miki for a start, Nate and Korn then you know Dominic Gold?"

"shiyaa, the Dominic Gold of Gold Corporations?" Tan said.

"yeah, well he's married to Nate's best friend Hayden so he'll be going too, he's booking the VIP lounge then there's a few others going from where they work" Dean answered.

"ok, count me in, I wanted to see that guy Miki again anyway, he's hot" Tan said.

"great, when I know more details I'll fill you in" Dean said before ending the call.

Turning back to his desk he reviewed the work he needed to complete by the end of the day, life must go on regardless.

Across the city in Nate's coffee shop, he covered for his staff while they took their breaks, he had been looking forward to seeing Dean again this weekend but the guys had been talking about going clubbing and when Dom' had offered to book the VIP lounge Korn had laid on the guilt trip.

"come on Nate, we had to leave the last time and you did promise to make it up to me ..." Korn had said in the group chat.

"since you put it like that I guess I have no choice, ok then, I'll ask Dean too" Nate had said.

He also needed to talk to Miki about why he had quizzed Hayden regarding his date and he had to make him understand once and for all that there would never be anything between them other than friendship and if he couldn't accept that then they would have to part company.

It would be nice to see Hayden's work colleagues again too, he had met Man and Noel at Hayden and Dom's wedding, they were a lovely couple and Noel was the sweetest young man he'd ever met, he could certainly understand why the brusque no nonsense special agent had fallen deeply in love with him.

That night he telephoned Dean,

"oh, hi Dean" he said when the other man picked up the call.

"Nate, have you had a good day?" Dean asked.

"not bad, steady, you?" Nate asked.

"same, loads of paperwork, meetings, the usual"

"I was thinking, I mean you don't have to say yes or anything but well ..." Nate began,