Chapter 6 ~ black tie ~

Nate was woken by the sound of his cell phone alerting him that someone was trying to reach him and he glanced at the clock to see that it was 7.40am, shiyaa, who could it be calling him so early. He stretched out his arms before reaching across to the bedside table and grabbed his phone and looked at the screen then picking up the call he spoke first,

"Hayden what the hell, someone better be dying or else" Nate said to his best friend.

"or else what bro, shiyaa you're not a morning person are you" Hayden replied while smirking to himself.

"whatever, what's up?"

"well, Dom' and I are having drinks and nibbles this evening with his friends so I wondered if you wanted to come, I hardly have anyone coming" Hayden said.

"is Sebastian going to be there, if yes you can count me out" Nate replied.

"hang on ... DOM' IS YOUR SEBASTIAN COMING TONIGHT?" Hayden shouted.

"shiyaa Hayden, you could have warned me you were gonna shout like that" Nate whined.

"sorry bro, he's in the bathroom, wait ... "

Nate could hear low voices in the background but he couldn't make out the words.

"yo, you still there bro? no, Sebastian won't be there, he's had to dash off to Europe or something but there's a guy from the states coming and a few other people too, so will you come?"

"yeah, anything for you, you asshole!" Nate replied.

"charming! I asked Miki and Korn as well but they're both busy, not to worry, I knew you wouldn't let me down, ok I'll line you the details later, oh and it's formal but casual so make of that what you will" Hayden said.

"black tie and jeans then" Nate laughed.

"so long as you're comfortable mate, I don't give a rat's what you wear, you know me" Hayden replied.

"don't worry bro, I won't embarrass you ... or will I?" Nate laughed

"whatever, anyway I've got to go so see you later" Hayden said.

"yeah, see you later dude" Nate said ending the call, the last thing he felt like doing was dressing up and chit chatting with a bunch of rich business men but he would for Hayden's sake.

He grabbed his best suit out of the closet and decided to have it freshened up, he could drop by the dry cleaners on his way to work.

The day was running true to form until one of Nate's barista's called him through to the front,

"there's someone asking to see you boss"

"is there a problem?" Nate asked.

"I don't know boss, I'm just passing the message" the barista said.

"ok, I'll come out" Nate said putting down his paperwork.

When Nate walked out into the shop he was shocked to see Dean, someone he had assumed he'd never see again and yet here he was.

"is there a problem?" Nate asked.

"no, I just wondered if you would have a coffee with me?" Dean asked.

"I'm a bit busy Dean to be honest" Nate replied.

"you still need a break don't you and you don't even have to leave the shop" Dean said.

"Dean, why are you doing this? we said all there was to say the other night"

"no, you did, is having a coffee with me going to hurt?" Dean asked.