~ epilogue ~

Nate had walked out of the DSI headquarters and hopped on to the nearest bus. He'd ended up at the beach somewhere miles away and calling his shop he'd asked them to cover for him for a few days.

He had his cell phone, wallet and the keys to his condo' but he didn't need anything else so he booked in to a bed & breakfast then after getting the key he walked around the small fishing village and headed up to the harbor.

Walking to the end of the harbor wall he sat down on a large boulder and stared out across the ocean taking a deep breath of the fresh, salty air and it felt invigorating. Was it only a few hours ago that he'd walked away from Dean, out of that room and out of his life, it felt like weeks ago.

It was all over now and he was single again so he should stop thinking about Dean. He obviously didn't care about him or he wouldn't have let those guards be so intrusive. Nate knew he'd been rude to them, swearing at Dean and being crude but he'd been so damn angry.

He shook his head in disbelief when he remembered how they had been arguing at the DSI headquarters and one of Dean's guards had come into the room asking Dean if he was ok? protecting Dean from him and Dean was ok with that?

Nate thought of the guard who had manhandled him when he was trying to leave? ok, maybe manhandled was too strong a word but the principle remained, Dean had stood there and allowed another man to put his hands on him.

He remembered the tears he'd shed when Dean had been abducted, of course he knew he needed security but there had to be a better way. Hayden and Dom' didn't have people breathing down their necks all the time, neither did that other guy who came to their wedding, what was his name again, ah yes, Kiri Junphanatat and his husband Kan.

Yes, they had arrived with a small entourage but they had talked to each other like family, one was called Chit and he and Kan seemed almost like best friends ... anyway, sitting here moping about everything wasn't going to help so Nate decided to head back to his rented lodgings.

He called at a store for a sandwich and a big bottle of water before going back to the room then after eating he took a shower, climbed into bed and slept. Over the course of the next few days he would wake up, drink some water then sleep again, he couldn't seem to rouse himself properly, he was so tired.

He'd dreamt that his phone was ringing but he couldn't be bothered to reach out and answer the call so he'd just slept through it, he didn't have the energy to care. He vaguely remembered going to the bathroom before climbing back into the bed and sleeping again. He didn't care anymore, he knew he should head back to the shop but he couldn't drag himself out of bed.

He'd dreamt that Hayden and Dean were arguing then Dean was trying to wake him up so he shrugged him off and told him to leave him alone. Nate had sobbed in his sleep and in his dreams Dean had cried and begged him for forgiveness.

Nate wanted to forgive him and hold him but he couldn't lift his arms then he'd dreamt that Hayden was talking to him, telling him to hurry up and wake up and that Miki and Korn were waiting so they could all go clubbing.

He'd dreamt that Dean told him that he couldn't go clubbing without him and then he dreamt about a security guard who stood between him and Dean, he wouldn't let Dean come to him. He was dressed in a white suit and he hit him in his chest and it had really hurt.

Eventually Nate woke up but he didn't know where he was, he looked around the room and saw Hayden sitting beside his bed.

"Hayden, what are you doing here?"

Hayden looked up and grabbed his hand then Nate saw the scars on his lip and eye.

"Dean?"

"yes baby, it's me, how do you feel? you've been so sick" he said holding on to Nate's hand.