Chapter 16 ~ it's all over ~

The guys made their way to the XXXX district, Man, Gunny, and Lam went in Man's car and Chit, Phil and Richie went in the van that Chit had told Richie to bring then while Richie drove, Chit put together his sniper rifle, it would be easier to navigate over rubble with a rifle over his shoulder than carrying it in a case.

A disembodied voice spoke to Chit through the ear piece that everyone could hear, 

"checking in bro, let me know if you need me" Suttinut said.

"yo man, good to hear from you, how's it going back on base" Chit asked him.

"not the same since you left us, fucking cadets driving us up the wall" Suttinut replied.

"starting the party without me as usual" Phong chimed in.

"phong buddy, we'll all have to get together for a drink soon, I miss you guys" Chit said.

"how's that cutie of your's?" Phong asked Chit about his boyfriend Paitoon.

"he's great"

"this is all very interesting guys but can we stay focussed here" Man interjected.

"who's this?" Suttinut asked.

"DSI Special Agent Man Khunithikorn" Man introduced himself.

"who else is here?" Phong asked.

"DSI Special Agent Gunny Tomcheemasimut" Gunny said.

"DSI Special Agent Lam Torpharakat" Lam added.

"hey don't forget me guys, DSI Special Agent Mina Patonnakhao" Mina said.

"a girl, hey babes" Phong said.

"I'm spoken for babes" Mina replied.

"my bad, I'm Phong Chinawalit and I'm in the military, s'all you need to know"

"and I'm Suttinut Prachanaporn, I'm also in the military but I can't tell you what I do or I'll have to kill you all" 

"and I'm bored, we gonna' get this shit show on the road or what?" Richie said.

"remember you're still on probation Richie" Chit said.

"yeah yeah, I've paid my dues and then some, cut me some slack boss" Richie replied as the two vehicles pulled up a mile away from the last known location.

Everyone jumped out and Chit addressed them as a group,

"ok, give me thirty minutes to get in position, I'll be on radio silence for a while so don't do anything until you hear from me, Richie, you get that drone up and don't fucking let them see or hear you" Chit said before patting him on the back and jogging away.

Richie went to the van and lifted out a drone with devices attached all over it, it was the latest design, fast and quiet, it handled with military precision, it could pick up audio from a good distance away and capture, good clean images.

Richie turned it on and set it on the ground before donning a head set with special glasses then he picked up a controller, jiggled with the controls and the drone lifted into the sky. After a few practice runs he climbed on top of the van to direct the drone towards the buildings where Chit was headed.

He saw Chit jogging through the rubble making his way towards a tall building beside the one where Dean was being held then he flew the drone higher to avoid being seen or heard. Going in through a small hole in the wall he flew the drone slowly through passages and down stair wells until he could see a large clearing with a barrel which was burning.