• 𝘊𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘉𝘶𝘺 𝘔𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 •

(Madison's POV:)

"Oi, piggy." Danny shouted across the classroom in snide tone. A rolled up ball of paper hit my head and got stuck in my hair.

I sighed, picking the paper out of my hair and turned around to face him. "What?" My shoulders slumped from the upright position I was sat in.

"No offence, mate, but you look really ugly today." He pulled a face full of distaste. "What's going on with the makeup?"

"Trying to look like Madonna, innit." David chimed in.

Liam didn't say anything but I could hear him laughing along.

"Charming." I rolled my eyes, turning away from them. I pushed my hands into my hair and closed my eyes. I just wanted to go home.

"Probably has nits, I wouldn't go near her." Danny snickered.

"Can you just shut up?" I span back around, shouting at them.

"Ooo, someone's a bit angry." He cooed.

The bell finally rang for lunch, I managed to pack up quickly so I could get out of there.

I navigated through the conjested corridors. Pushing through a couple sharing a kiss, some girls gossiping and a fight before reaching the door to the playground.

A sigh escaped my lips as slouched back onto the wooden bench, pressing my back against the cold school fence.

Rummaging through my bag, I pulled out my walkman, which was already loaded with my A Hard Day's Night cassette.

I pressed play and slipped the headphones over my ears.

(𝘓𝘪𝘢𝘮'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:)

I could see her sat on the bench closest to the gate. She stuck out like a sore thumb.

"Oi, Liam." Danny clicked his fingers at me, "You alright?"

"Fine, mate." I looked over at him from my seat on our bench.

"Look a bit tired." He raised his brows.

"Next door were having a fight last night, y'know." I shrugged as I put my head back down, tapping the ash on my cigarette.

Looking back up, my eyes fell onto her. I felt bad, really bad. Her knee bounced up and down as she sat alone, fiddling with the buttons of her walkman and chewing on her thumbnail.

She always seemed sad and lonely, I heard everything that was going on at school and home. My mam had said to go easy on her.
It wasn't my fault that she was an easy target though.

"Oi, do you lot think she's like that at home?" David pointed at her.

I'd always wonder if she could hear us talking about her at break and lunch.

"Dunno mate." I shrugged.

Then I heard someone burst out laughing, it was Danny.

"Bet you twenty quid that you can't get her sleep with you, Liam." He snickered.

These lads acted like animals sometimes.

"I can." I rolled my eyes.

"How? She's not the type to fall straight into your arms, not that you want her to anyway." David grimaced as he said the last bit.

"I have my ways, that's how I always pull the fit ones." I laughed slightly. "25 quid and I'll do it."

"Okay, 25. Bet." Danny stuck his hand out to shake.

I shook it firmly. "Bet."

(𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:)

I could see him walking over to me, he was saying something but I couldn't hear him. He sat down next to me.

"What?" I rolled my eyes, sliding the headphones onto my neck.

"Erm," He cleared his throat. "Can you 'elp me with me 'omework."

"Hand it over then." I stretched my hand out. "A tenner aswell."

"No, I mean like, tutor me." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Why not get an actual tutor then?" I gave him dirty look.

"Cos you're really smart, man, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd tutor me." He frowned.

"Where do you want to do it?" I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Yours. I share me room with my older brother and-" He started rambling on about the situation of his room.

"I don't care." I cut him off.

"Oh, erm course. We'll start tommorow, yeah? And I'll meet you outside the school gates." He nodded, rasing his brows at the same time.

Then he got up and left me to it.