Chapter 7

"Ok I cheated or whatever but that was so long ago." Nachelle placed Quinton on the floor to crawl.

"Get him off of that floor. When was a long time ago?" Mahogany questioned.

"He is ok down there. You acting like y'all don't mop and I cheated a month ago." Nachelle answered.

"Yeah we do mop but do you know how many nasty ass shoes been on this floor?" Mahogany leaned over to pick him up from the floor.

Nachelle rolled her eyes. "Aunty Ann is rubbin' off on you. Anyways he put me out again because he assumed that I have been messin' around on him again." She continued.

"Well he has the right to assume Nachelle. You did cheat on him." Mahogany bounced her laughing cousin on knee.

"No he doesn't have the right to assume. He only caught me cheating once."

"Caught you once?" Mahogany furrowed her eyebrows.

Puncho wasn't the best but he was a good dude. He had been taking care of Nachelle since her mother kicked her out. From what Mahogany could see their baby was well taken care of. Every chance he got he was trying to spend time with his son.

Aunty Ann would always tell us that no matter how much a man cheated the female should never step outside of the relationship. Leave if your unhappy. Nachelle was never present during the lectures. Danna never really payed attention. She wasn't the relationship type of female. Being cool with a lot of males opened her eyes to a lot on top of the game her step dad taught her.

It was almost impossible to run game on her. Mahogany was the same minus the male friends.

Puncho was a flirtatious dude. Mahogany had peeped him flirting with females around the hood but never heard about him messing around on her. Danna knew everybody in the project business. That was benefits of having male friends.

"Yeah he caught me once. Ok Mahogany, I can talk to you. I know that my business won't go nowhere."

Knowing Puncho it was already out there. Mahogany listened attentively and pinched Quinton's fat cheeks.

"The other times he doesn't know about. I get tired of the same dick, Mahogany. If I knew what I was getting myself into I would've kept on truckin'. I tried to move on but he got me pregnant purposely so I'm stuck with his ass."

"Let me get this straight... did you tell him your problem?"

"Yeah I told him Mahogany ... well not about the different dicks but I did tell him that I wasn't ready for a relationship. That's why he nutted in me on purpose. Then he's so demanding and controlling. I love him but this ain't for me. I'm not even ready to be a mama." Nachelle shook her head and looked off into space.

"The easiest thing to do is walk away, crazy. It's simple." Mahogany shrugged. "Now the being a mama part you don't have a choice. It's too late for that pity party. He's here and it's nothing you can do but take care of him. He deserves you more than anybody." Mahogany smiled at Quinton who was grabbing at her earrings.

"It's not that easy. I don't have shit, Mahogany . Everything I have, he bought. I ain't cut out for working. I'm trying to get somebody to go to school on line for me."

Nachelle was no different than the other females in the hood without any ambition. All of them were looking for a easy way out. If you don't put in work and it comes easier than a niggah in good pussy it won't last long. It'll be gone soon as you get grasps of it.

"That's sad. Why you complaining? You obviously don't want to leave... well leave his money. His money isn't the only alternative." Mahogany turned her attention to her cousin.