I Remember...

"Jace! Come on! We're gonna be late!!" My brother called running in front of me. I ran after him as fast as my 5-year old legs could take me, his reddish brown hair blew back from his green eyes, he was 11. We ran to our house, I don't remember it much, just that it was huge. "Scott! I can't ruwn dat fast!!" I called out to him but he shrugged it off "Slow poke!" Scott teased and picked me up running into the house.

I remember a red haired woman greeting us and smiling with her dark blue eyes. A brown haired man at the table, his green eyes looking over his work, always grumbling. That was my last memory, of all of them together. I don't even know their names.

My next memories are waking up in the street, my brother right beside me. "Scott... Where are we?" I asked quietly and he sat up quietly looking at me "I don't know Jace... I don't know..." He said. It was the first time I remember seeing my brother cry, after that, we both cried many times. We searched for our home, someone to tell us where our parents were, but know one knew.

Scott quickly leaned how to live on the streets and I followed in his steps. We stole, lied, and cheated though our lives. I hated every second, and I knew he did to. We had lost who we were, our family, and way of life. I remember wishing every night for it to change back to how it was, and I remember hearing my brother cry himself to sleep.

I was to young to understand but I could hear him talk in his sleep about why we were in this position, this horrible life "they don't want us anymore, they never did..." Was all I could make of his muffled sobs.