Mittens

On my tenth birthday I had been taking care of myself for the past two years. I walked down the stairs, my mask in hand. I carried the bag with all my tricks in it and smiled as I headed to work, walking out of my apartment building I heard a soft whimpering "Hello?" I call out sadly and look around confused, "Meow..." I hear quietly and turn in to the alleyway to see a small black kitten with white paws. "Awe! Your so cute!" I said happily then saw the cut above it's eye. I walked over and picked it up, it's one eye was closed to stop the blood from running into it's eye. I'll take you back to my house, I'll get you cleaned up and fead. I scooped up the poor cat in my arms running up the stairs worriedly, I hated seeing anything hurt and I wished that I knew who had hurt it so that I could talk some sense into them.
It meowed more as I took a wet cloth to it's wound cleaning the blood from it's fur. It pawed at me though it's claws were all broken, I felt bad for the poor thing. It opened its eyes so that both of it's bright green eyes were open wide, it stopped fighting against me and curled up in my lap, I laughed lightly looking at it. It's paws are white almost like it's wear little mittens, that's so cute.

I ended up calling the small cat mittens even though it was cliché, I let him eat parts of my food and I think I took pretty good care of him for about 2 weeks. That was untill Greg barges in again one day.
I already had the money on the table ready for him to take, he grabed it smirking "Good on ya Clown," he teased and looked over at me playing with the cat. He walked over and picked it up by the neck, "no pets," he smirked "Let him go!" I yelled angrily even though I tend to keep quiet and smile. Greg shook his head and slammed the door in my face taking mittens with him. No, come back... You can't do that... It's not fair... I thought covered my eyes "don't cry, don't cry... You've made it this far Jace... Don't cry over a small cat..." I told myself and sat idling my head in my hands "Why me!?" I wined and started crying. It may have been a cat but mittens was my only real friend in a place where I felt like everyone hated me.