Chapter Six

"Ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh OHMYGOSH!!!" Ella exclaims to Zoe.

"You kissed my brother on the cheek." Zoe says.

"Are you mad?" Ella asks.

"No. But if you hurt him in any way, I will hurt you. Badly." Zoe smiles sweetly.

"Noted." Ella says.

"You kissed my brother, the person you claimed to only like as a friend, you kissed. And on the cheek, no less!" Zoe shakes her head. "I'm disappointed in you."

"Why are you disappointed in me?" Ella asks.

"When you like someone, you're supposed to kiss them on the lips, not the cheek!" Zoe exclaims.

"No, you're not!" Ella exclaims.

"Yuh-huh! Unless you wanna die alone." Zoe says.

"And anyway, I don't like Jakob." Ella says.

"You just told me that you did!" Zoe exclaims.

"I love him!" Ella claps her hands over her mouth.

"You-- you what?" Zoe says in shock.

"I...I love Jakob." Ella says.

"You love my brother? But you're only 13!" Zoe exclaims.

"I-I realize that. But...I love him." Ella blushes. "Please don't tell him. I-I wanna tell him at the dance."

"Okay. And when is that?" Zoe asks.

"In a week." Ella says.

"Oh my gosh! A week? I need to find a date!" Zoe exclaims. "I did see a cute boy in your math class."

"What did he look like?" Ella asks.

"Well, he had brown hair and beige skin and he was wearing a red T shirt." Zoe explains.

"You mean Zachery? Oh no. Stay away from him. He'll break your heart." Ella says.

"Oh. Oh well. Maybe I can go with that cute boy in your science class." Zoe shrugs.

"Are you brave enough?" Ella asks.

"Yes!" Zoe exclaims.

"Are you sure?" Ella smirks.

"Well...maybe not..." Zoe mutters under her breath.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" Ella asks.

"No, okay!? I may act all tough and brave on the outside, but on the inside, I'm just a big ol' mound of pumpkin pie! Soft and gushy!" Zoe exclaims.

"Ooo, good analogy!" Ella exclaims.

"Thanks." Zoe says. "But enough about me. What are you gonna wear?"

"I was thinking of asking Sally to make a dress for me." Ella says.

"Cool! Mom's a master at sewing!" Zoe exclaims.

A week later, Ella goes to her world to get ready for the dance. She has the dress that Sally made for her. It's a black dress with purple swirls.
She puts on mascara.
She puts on lipstick.
She puts on her EXTREMELY uncomfortable red high heels.
"Ow." She says while putting them on.

Meanwhile, in the foster home, Jakob is getting ready for the dance as well.
He puts on his suit that looks like Jack's suit.
He puts on his shoes.

"Are you ready?" Zoe asks.

"Yes. Are you?" Jakob asks.

Zoe is also wearing a dress that Sally made her. It's like Jack's suit, but it's a dress. "I'm ready."