Chapter 3: First Year III

'Now we're on par, bastard spirit

'Now we're on par, bastard spirit.' 

It came at him and smirked before striking the first year sorcerer, only to be met with shock when he withstood it's attack. With an upper kick, the spirit was flown back into the hallway. 

Chasing after it, Kai spun around swiftly around the spirit with his dual-sword out. He fell back and waited for it. Thinking this was a chance to strike, the spirit moved front. 

Splash. The spirit was sliced into clean parts with purple blood splattered everywhere. 

"I-I won.." He smiled weakly as his body gave in for having push himself to the limit. He felt his legs starting to give up and buckled down as the butterflies dispersed around him.

Holding himself up with his elbow, he picked up the bizarre-looking finger before walking towards the child's corpse and carried with him outside. Kiyotaka who was seen escorting the kids earlier in an ambulance caught sight of Kai and what seemed to be left of the child in his arms. 

"Ageha-kun!" He rushed towards the young student. 

Smiling tiringly, he placed the corpse in Kiyotaka's arms before losing concious. 

...

'Did I passed out

'Did I passed out..? Or..' 

"He's just a first year, you rotten fools!" 
"Surely, he is fine and recovering. We will compensate with a grade advance for the student."
"That does not explain for your mix up!" 

'What were those voices..?' 

Kai opened his eyes. Light started to fill his vision as he breathed in a steady rhythm. Looking to his side, he saw his sensei entering the room. 

"Awake now, sleepyhead?" He teased as he imitated Kai's sleeping face.

He tried to speak but all that came out was a squeak before coughing uncontrollably. Gojo's facial expression changed as he looked at him worryingly. Kai pointed towards his uniform that was folded neatly on the table. Checking it's content, his sensei picked up the finger and inspected it.

"We'll have a proper talk after you've rested." He took a seat next to Kai's bed as the door was slammed open. 

"Kai!"
"Are you okay?!"
"Mustard leaf."
"That looks bad.."

Kai who was all bandaged up raised his hand, giving them a thumbs up. They all sighed with relief as they gathered around his bed. Worry was evident on their faces, and Gojo decided to cheer them up. 

"Everyone!!" In his hands are colorful pens and markers as he smiled.

'Oh no.' Kai deadpanned knowing full well his cast would be covered in awkward drawings. 

2 Weeks After

"Maki, Toge, last lap!" Panda shouted as he monitored his classmates

Yuta was seen to be a little left behind as Kai was already done with his laps. He smiled at Yuta's effort as he tried to catch up. Gojo came by the field as he nudged the blue haired student by the shoulders. Panda looked at them curiously as their sensei went close to Kai's ear as if to whisper something.

"Kai, you're dismissed early! YAY!!" He practically yelled into Kai's ear.

"That's not fair!" Maki looked at him as he rubbed his ears.

"Blergh!" Kai stuck out his tongue at his classmates as they were shocked by his antic.

He looked back to his sensei and mouthed 'thanks'. Gojo saluted in return before continue the training with the rest of his classmates. Somehow, his sensei sensed something wasn't right with him ever since the practice mix-up. The higherups had purposely given Kai a mission that was double the previous grade he was in. As of now, he is currently the only first grade sorcerer as a first year at Tokyo Jujutsu High. 

Upon exiting Jujutsu High's main gate, his family driver was there to pick him up. The entire ride was quiet as usual as he never really talked with the driver. Just as he arrived home, he noticed his uncle was at the front gate. He clicked his tongue in annoyance as he closed the car door behind him. 

"Kai." His uncle spoke his name sternly. 

He ignored the old man and walked past him. 

"I heard they made you a first grade." His uncle started to speak as he stopped in his path. "That may be a great achievement for you, but for us it's a measly title. If you don't perform as well as the Zen'in and Inumaki, you know we won't think twice to pull your mother's-"

Kai held his blade to his uncle's neck within a blink. 

"If you do it, I won't hesitate to kill all of you." He threatened the aged man back. 

When nothing came out of his uncle's mouth, he pulled his weapon and walked away. He went inside his house as his uncle watched him slammed the door. Upon entering his room, he immediately tossed his schoolbag aside and curled on the floor. Knees tucked in his arms, he couldn't help but felt burdened by everything.