Character Archive

Biographical Information

Kanji : 揚羽  甲斐

Romaji: Ageha Kai

Alias: [ Nymphalid of Jujutsu ]

[ The Perfect Ageha ]

Personal Description

Species : Human

Birthday : 14th March 2002

Age : 16

Gender : Male

Height : 178 cm (5'8")

Weight : 80 kg (176 lb)

Hair color : Light Blue

Professional Status

Status : [ALIVE]

Relatives : - Hagukumu Ageha [ Father ] 

- Nana Ageha [ Mother ] 

- Takei Ageha [ Grandmother ]

Occupation : - Jujutsu Sorcerer , Student

Affiliation : Kyoto Metropolitan Curse Technical College [Formerly]

Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College [Currently]

Grade : Grade 1

Abilities

Overal, Skill-level : Kai is considered to be among the most talented and skilled student in both Jujutsu High. With an unique cursed technique that are a specialty of the Ageha clan, he is also skilled in martial arts. Satoru Gojo once mentioned that it's not surprising if one day he would be on the same level as Yuta Okkotsu and Yuji Itadori.

Expert Weapon Specialist : Kai is known to be skilled with a dual-sword. When asked to choose a weapon to master, he picked the dual-sword as his choice. 

"Till death do us apart," Kai muttered as he gripped the weapon in his hands

Expert in Martial Arts : Kai's outside school life would include him going to the martial arts class where he masters taekwondo, judo, capoeira and kung fu. As of now, he has known to be a master in all of those martial arts. From time to time, he would return to the class located in Kyoto as a trainer.

Tactical Intellect : Kai is able to analyze a situation fairly quick after acquiring experience from being thrown into deadly missions assigned to him by the higherups. Although the higherups claimed it was an error to accidentally assign him a mission that was a grade higher than his initial grade, he was glad to underwent that experience to become a Grade 1 sorcerer as of today. 

Fighting Style : "He has very elegant and graceful moves, it's difficult to expect his next attack." Mechamaru once mentioned as he analyzed Ageha and Todo in a spar. When experiencing it firsthand, one would say Kai's attacks are similar as the flow of water. Focusing on where he might land next will have him slowly drown you in your own fatigue, whereas being too careless will have him waving you down like a tsunami. Both of which are deadly in a real hand-to-hand combat.

Innate Technique

Being as the only member of the Ageha clan to manifest the true form of the Butterfly technique, Kai was regarded as the first person to ever acquire the full potential of it in his bloodline.

Butterfly: Kai is able to summon butterfly shikigami and/or control real butterflies. The shikigami act as a space for him to store anything physical and cursed energy. With that said, Kai is able to connect the voids within the shikigami. 

Cursed Technique: Petal. This technique allows Kai to condense the butterfly shikigami into one spot and create a space that is capable of teleporting with a condition that the destinated teleportation also has a condensed butterfly shikigami. He is also able to store himself in the space as the shikigami swarms him and flee in many direction, making difficulity for the opponent to strike his vital parts. There are a few drawbacks such as high concentrated cursed energy required to do this technique. If it's not enough, the risk of the person teleported losing a few limbs may arise.

Cursed Technique: Butterfly Iris. Kai is able to control his butterflies that grants him the sight of a butterfly. Butterfly has compound eyes. Rather than one field view that a normal human and jujutsu sorcerer have, Kai is able to see through 17,000 mini eyes each of which has its own lens that highlights cursed energy. However, the cons of this requires high focus if he were to do it while both being on the battlefield and spying. Hence, he always brings eyedrops around him as it also causes dry eye.

Cursed Technique: Chrysalis. The shikigami will swarm around him to create an armor and/or enhance his dual-sword twice the original strength. Kai usually uses this as a last resort, using this technique less often as it eats away his cursed energy rapidly. He has only ever used this technique once, against a cursed spirit that was twice his grade.

Trivia

> Kai's surname contains the kanji for "hoist" (揚 Age) and "feathers" (羽 Ha). When combined, the kanji both brings a meaning for the Swallowtail Butterfly. His given name Kai has the kanji 甲斐 which has a meaning of "effect" and "worth". His given name reflects how he always strive to prove himself whether it'd be in a fight or daily life.

> According to his fellow friends and juniors: 

- Favourite food: Anything baked, especially from his favourite bakery, Bartizan Bread Factory located at Minami-Aoyama, a district of Minato in Tokyo.

- Least favourite food: Anything that's broth-like (e.g. soup). He said that it'd make him feel too full for him to be productive. 

- What would he do in his free time: Volunteering at daycares. When Yuji had asked to meet up with Kai, he is always seen at daycare centres.

- Pet peeves: Kai is known to despise indivuduals who acts like a know-it-all and using their phones during a meal. Basically, Kai is a very well-mannered person who grew up with etiquette. 

- Favourite song: Chopin - Nocturne op.9 No.2.