mahandi...?

i send a quick text to eliana asking why hadn't she arrived in the room . And now i am confused because she replied, 

"what are you talking about and where the fuck are you ? we searched whole Damm house and you weren't here . I am currently in the room assigned to us , getting ready for the function , come fast , babes " 

Huh? she is high on drugs or something ? 

                                                                                                                " what? wru? what's our room number"

"umm......this isn't a hotel to give a room no. missy , even if it feels like one , but i am in the third on the left from the stairs"

crap ! i am in third on the right ! god...!!!! whose room's this ? and it strikes ...the intruder's

I mean i am the intruder now considering its his room but still .....ughhh ? does the bed looks like someone slept in it ...i grimace,  take a hold of my gym bag and run out of the room immediately before the intruder returns.

I reach the room eliana told me about and knock on the door for safety measures .
The door opens and eliana peers from behind it . I push her a little and enter the room and take a sigh after successfully dodging all the guest in the house.

"where were you ?"
"somewhere"
"where"
"uh..eli, i was sleeping in the wrong room " i admit sheepishly .
"what?" she shriek. eli is bit on a dramatic side ,a beautifull ,confident ,sexy and mature beyond her age. She is in a long distance relationship with her boyfriend and is currently on a video chat with him . just what i needed , now he'll also take part in my humiliation . 

Before i could utter a word , the door to the room swings open and in comes austin with a scowl matching his face , " where were you ?"

"ma'am  was sleeping in the wrong room " chimes in eli . Thanks eli , i love you girl for helping here . 

" i heard it wrong, right ?" austin asks , looking at me expectantly.

"yeah......i mean, no , i took right turn instead of left "

"wow, you sure are dumb for your age , dora "

"shut up , by the way whose room it is , you came their half an hour ago "

"oh you were in dav......." we are interrupted by rian calling us downstairs." guys, let's go down .....aunt has some guest from India  and the girls are all so beautiful " with that said , austin opens the door and leaves. 

i start on my makeup and fifteen minutes later , i am ready with my look for the function . Aunt maria said to wear something that resembles green , so here i am with a dark green saree, my frizzy curls open for all to see , silver stiletto perfectly completing the look . 

With a final glance at myself , i turn to find eli taking mirror selfie , she is wearing a light green anarkali-suit with a beautiful golden pair of heels  and heavy makeup that suits her and makes her skin glow , I rush to be a part of it , after 5 more minutes we are ready to leave  the room . 

Once we reach downstairs , we are met with people bustling in the hall preparing for the function , we go to maria aunt and ask if she needs any help , she asks eli to go and prepare some herbal tea for guest and it was a scene to watch her reaction because she doesn't knows how to , after telling this vital piece of information to aunty , she is freed from any work and asked to go hangout with our other cousins whereas i am asked to follow aunt to bring something . 

"Alina, hold this for me" aunt says, as she hands me some weird shaped packaged liquid .

"um..what is it , aunty" i ask , taking a quick sniff from a pack, it smells weird yet intoxicating, you could get easily addicted to the fragrance. 

" Oh ! this is mehandi .....henna i mean " i have never heard of either of the words from the mehendi or heena .

"Ma....Mahandi? what is it used for ?"

"not mahandi , it's mehendi , child and ...." after she is done with the explaination i am already bustling from excitement to put heena on my hands .we take the bowl to the main hall and keep it near a setup for the groom  to sit . 

After 15 min , the soft romantic music begins and everyone start moving along the rhythm while the artist start professionally applying the heena to the groom , as the bride is Indian , all their functions will be Indian traditionalities . 

After the functions finishes , we all are tired as fuck ready to call it a day , guess it's not easy to have an Indian wedding , my body aches from sitting in one position for so long to apply mehendi . Eli and i enter our room , carefully change our clothes and lay on the bed , a few minutes pass and eli's breath deepens indicating that she's asleep , however i am nowhere near sleep because i keep going back to the black adidas ax ,. I tried watching for the same black shoes , but didn't found any such shoes . I wonder if he is in the room which i was in earlier , if he is sleeping on the same bed i slept on a few hours back , for some reason it excites me that i shared a bed with him.......no, not in that manner but still . my phone pings and i reach for it to see my mom calling . 

After talking to her for half an hour and sharing all the details of the function , i switch off the lamp , bringing a hush and dark over the room , and a few moments later , i am asleep .