Glimpse of the past

"Alina...Al....Alin....He...Help...."

"Le...Liz..ughh.." I try to move towards the voice but groan as a sharp pain shoots in my right leg . The intense pain makes me gasp and I immediately stop moving .

"Ah..Please....Don't....Ki...M.." I register the voice as liza's , my best friend but i can't remember where i am and what she is trying to say . I try to open my eyes but my head feels heavy . Something is wrong , where am I , where's liz ? "Liz, wh...where are...you?"

I try to move but i can feel myself drifting off to unconsciousness, I can't breath, what's happening? where are we? I can't feel my leg anymore , I...I ...what is wrong ....

"HELP" I shout as loudly as i can , i thresh and turn , but i can't move !

A hand suddenly grabs me and I jerk awake from my sleep , sweat dripping , i gulp as it registers , that dream again , a nightmare that brings guilt , anger , shame and all the negative emotions in me . I have been seeing this same incident for more than 5 years now , me and liz , liza d'souza, we were best friends since i was five and she was six , we went to same school , same tuition and lived in same locality , we would do all the things together from leraning swimming to summer camps , until that night , a...........

"Dora, open the door " the knock on the door and Austin's voice stops me from revisiting the horrifying past , but I can't open the door because I am shaking like a leaf and he'll probably worry himself if he sees me like these .

"ughh....Austin , go away ....lemme sleep...." I fake a groggy sleeping voice for him to believe that i am still sleeping while i clear the sweat from my face and make my hair , I drink some water from the jug on the side table when austin yells " my god , girl ! LOOK AT THE TIME , we have to start for the next festivity , you are late , dumbo" I look at the time and shriek as the watch shows 9:00 A.M. , " come in five min, I'll be ready , now go" and i rush to the washroom , i brush and bath , dry my hair, do the light touchup to my mornin glow , wear the yellow jumpsuit "Indian style" and I am ready ," pfff......the fastest bath and bum of my life ".

I open the door to go down and take a step ahead when suddenly someone bumps into me from behind , i lost my footing and misjudge the steps , cause next thing i know , i am moving forward ready to touch the ground with my nose , i close my eyes and brace myself for the impact , but i never hit the ground , huh! Bollywood much , a hand rests on my waist carrying my wait as i bent on a rather embarrassing angle , i turn a little to look at the cause and Saviour of my fall, but all i a manage is to look at the same adidas ax from that room , the guy with deep husky voice , OH MY GOD , of all the people to embarrass , i got these one .

I move a little in front and balance myself before turning to say sorry or maybe to say , watch where you go , but the guy from a moment ago isn't here , he vanished , huh was it a dream , what the hell! I turn towards the stair and watch as the same guy deseeding the steps down for the hall , not a dream afterall, he has got a height of atleast 6'3 which looks rather giant for my 5'4 , broad shoulders, brown straight silky hairs , a yellow T-shirt wrapped like a second skin to the back , arms flexing ,that's all i can manage before he turns in the hall, uhh should have seen his face , How can i think about someone without knowing their face ?

you guessed it right , a tap again on the back of my head , and yess , you are right , its Austin Eliana and Rian again !

"where are you lost?" asks eliana ,"uh...yeah, nowhere, where are you all coming from?" I am not going to admit that i might have a potential for a crush on someone i know nothing of , not yet.

"we were in R rooms, she just came an hour ago" R, aunty rhaez , is aunt maria's small sister, third in the line to property after my father , she is my absolute favorite and the sweetest of all, indeed one of the kind.

"lemme go and meet her , will see y'all later " and i slip past them to go to R .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~