OS #3- A Forever Kind of Love

This OS is a bit different from the others. It's from the POV of a 16-year-old Umeed and how she perceived love back then.

It was yet another mundane day at college; all I wanted to do was go home and sleep. Our chemistry professor was talking about some organic chemistry assignment that was due on Monday which I'm probably going to fail because news flash, Umeed Pasha has no interest in studying. All I want is to open up a chai cafe and live my best life, but for that, you need money and family support and I happen to be unlucky in both departments.

It was very normal for a 16-year-old to be broke and not have any money to start up a business, but it wasn't normal for a 16-year-old to not have any margin to mess up, receive taunts for every little thing they do, get compared with other children who are supposedly smarter, and to be made felt like they aren't worthy of any love and care. My life has always been like this ever since mama passed away and I'm sure this is what it'll be like until my death, so I should stop letting every little thing get to my head and simply enjoy whatever little good that comes my way. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the professor dismissed us and my friends, Anam and Hiba walked over to me so we could go eat lunch together.

"The topics we learned in class were quite difficult today. I don't even know how I'm going to do on this assignment!" A worried Hiba told me and Anam as we sat down on one of the benches outside and started eating. "Umeed, do you want to come over to my house after college today so we can do group studies? Anam is coming too. I'm sure we'll get somewhere if the three of us work together."

I was just about to say I couldn't come because Pasha Sahab has strictly restricted me from going anywhere besides college for a whole week as a punishment for something I did that he didn't like, the usual. When Anam interrupted me and started whining. "You guys don't talk about anything except college work, do we not have a life outside of education?" she dramatically said. I turned to look at her "Okay don't be dramatic, batao kis baare mein baat karna hai?"

"Pyaar!" Anam excitedly emphasized with her hands. "Pyaar?" I said with a disgusted face. "Why would you want to talk about love out of all the things."

"Because love is amazing, it fixes everything in your life, it makes you feel so special, and it heals you. What is there to not like about it?"

"First of all, love is very overrated, especially the romantic kind," I replied.

"I don't think there will ever be a person who could fix everything in my life, make me feel like I'm the most special girl in the world, and heal me because that's impossible. I'm too broken for someone to heal me." I said the last bit to myself because I didn't need the whole world to know that. Umeed Pasha was broken, but not vulnerable. I have always picked myself back up whenever life knocked me down, no matter how difficult and painful the fall was and I would continue to do so.

Hiba and Anam probably sensed the tense atmosphere and asked me what was wrong. "Mujhe kya hona hai yaar, mein to bilkul theek hoon. Tum log batao, have you guys already made wedding plans too?" I asked while laughing.

"Of course I have." Anam jumped in again. God, she was such a hopeless romantic. "Meri to love marriage hogi bilkul filmy types."

"Aur Hiba tum?"

"Mujhe pyaar mohabbat mein bilkul interest nahi hai, I'll marry whoever my parents find for me."

Anam threw her a glare "Astagfirallah Hiba, kitni boring ho tum, balke tum dono hi boring ho, meri hi sabse epic love story hogi hum teeno mein se dekhlena."

I passed her a small smile and said "Haan haan, bilkul mera kya hai? Pasha sahab apne jaise koi dhoond laayenge mere liye aur mujhe ussi se shaadi karni paregi kyuki ab mujhse to koi mohabbat karne se raha. Allah jee mera shauhar cum se cum Pasha sahab jitna gusse waala na ho, handsome to laazmi ho aur haan paise waala ho to kya hi baat hogi."