♤ 12/21/2023 ♤

I am unsure if I will ever publish this part. I am writing it on December 21st, of 2023. If I do get this chapter out, consider yourselves extremely fortunate.

This is an extension of the first chapter that I posted in February. An update to an update, if you will. I'll just discuss a few things that have been on my mind.

Let's start with the Mythical friends and family I know. And let's start with those who are doing better, or about the same -- Ulysses hasn't changed much, and neither has Verasol. My Wolfblood sister obviously hasn't changed, and I still haven't heard from her. However, Tullue had gotten permission to look through the death records in the Underworld, and did not find their name, so we know they are alive. Both Mom and Dad are about the same. Aria and May were able to reunite briefly this summer, and Aria was able to meet Alcinous (I'll get to Aria later in this).

Mimi's update is a bit complicated, but is positive (unlike some of the other updates I've got here). The family that adopted Mimi actually found out about her Mythical identity, but apparently, her parents are secretly witches (which honestly fits, considering they are a lesbian couple). When I was first trying to get Mimi adopted as a human, I had managed to get an in with one of my friends (who didn't know of our Mythical identities) to have her moms adopt her. I'll call this friend Nicole for now. Nicole knew about her parent's witchy stuff, but didn't think it was real until she found out about Mimi's true identities. Now, Nicole is also learning magic, and is doing witchy stuff. In short, we're much closer friends than we were last update, enough where I feel the need to mention her.

However, now it's time for the more negative struggles.

Firstly, Buddy has fully switched over to the name Angelo. He's still living with Ulysses, and started middle school this year. He's been struggling a lot with fitting in with his peers, for various reasons. Not only does he just not fit the standards of our society, but many of his peers are disrespectful and online obsessed. This has become a heated topic in the media on how horrifying Generation Alpha is, and if Angelo's words are any indicator, then the internet is right -- most of Gen Alpha is unbecoming of what our rising generation should be. It's decreased my faith in humanity, to say the least.

Next, about Tullue -- he has started his work as a Hell Hound (in fact, he started quite some time ago) and because of that, we haven't talked much. He occasionally pops in the group chat, but he does get the break off for the upcoming holiday season, so I'll finally be able to see him in person since late July. It seems he's been doing well from what I've heard over text, though. We can only text late at night, since his phone does not work in the Underworld. This is when he takes breaks to head to the human world briefly.

Before his work as a Guard in the Underworld, Tullue was a part of the Veiled Auras, which you may remember as my Magical Group (encompassing Magical Girls and Boys. We didn't have any fully non-binary Magicals, so I don't know what the term for them would be). However, without him, we were one team member down, and not long after, Okyo was unfit to fight as well.

Physically he could fight, however, he was not well mentally. I will be obscuring some details about the situation, but in short, we had a Mythical Stalker who wanted to join our friend group (we did not know yet that they were a stalker when the request was first made). To clarify, they weren't a Mythical working for Hunters, just a Mythical who wasn't completely... there, if you know what I mean (side note, I hope they are able to get the help they need). When we finally did find out the truth, that they had been stalking us, which was shortly after Tullue left, Okyo suffered a relapse. His mental state was essentially the same as it was when Davin first died. I tried helping him, but he is a young adult, and I couldn't do much as someone who is still, by legal terms, a minor. Back then, the only other adult in our group was Tullue, who had just left.