Part Five

Mia's POV:

Well, it's official. I'm a blimp.

Even the most simple of actions were a trial at this stage of my pregnancy. I can't get out of bed without literally rolling off my side if it anymore. I can't tell you the last time I saw my feet or tied my own shoes. I live in perpetual fear of tripping myself up, while going from station to station, during the daily lunch and dinner rush. And don't even get me started on how hard it is to shower then you can't see past a belly swollen with a grown baby. God, I ain't been able to check my own fly after a trip to the powder room in what feels like forever.

That's another thing, over the past few months, Li'l Mommii's has been steadily growing in both popularity and free good press. I can't even tell you the number of customers who have bragged to servers about her buddy recommending our restaurant and them being beyond stoked that they had. The secret health inspector, That had made a surprise visit a few weeks back, also made sure to have a write up in the local newspaper about the 'rare occasion of a perfect score' that we had received from him. And, everyone who worked in the food industry around the nation's capital knew that Ego Dorbronski was the hardest critic to please when it came to cleanliness and sanitation standards.

Immediately following our weekend away at Jay's secluded cabin, I had officially put my master plan into motion. This plan included me showing up at NCIS headquarters on a twice-weekly basis and literally hanging all over Jay in front of the team members who had been so quick to judge me. The goal was to make them twice as uncomfortable around me as they had made me around them by constantly kissing, touching, and sitting on their boss's lap while they were trying to get work done. And, let me just say, pregnancy hormones and being all touchy-feely with the man that got me pregnant didn't mix well. As soon as I would walk away, pretending like I was unbothered, I felt as though my skin was on fire as punishment for my stopping all the heavy petting and constant kisses.

A lot has changed in the weeks between then and now. Ziva David was almost always around now. If the team wasn't off on a case, Officer David was doing all of the 'heavy lifting' required to set up the nursery. That woman was a blessing and a half. Between her and Abby, this baby has gotten so many clothes that, even with me wanting to be surprised by the gender at birth, there would be plenty of high-end and custom-made clothing either way.

Just last week, at my 32 week checkup/ultrasound, Baby Gibbs was measuring a full two and a half weeks ahead of the verified due date. And, they were already head down and ready to drop. Due to this, and the fact that this was my first child, the doctor tried to put me on bedrest. Yeah, that's cute. I can't just give over control of my life's work for eight weeks on top of the six I'll already have to.

Instead, I make sure to pace myself throughout the day, coming in a but early to allow for breaks between my opening tasks. And staying late for the same reason when it comes time to close every evening. That plan has been working out quite well as of late.  So, why bother chang8ng it up now? With about two months left to full term?

Jethro's POV:

Mia is going to be the death of me.

First, she ignores a direct order from her baby doctor as it pertains to her own health and safety. And now she's running herself raged on the daily while her body and mind struggle to keep up with the high-demand, stressful job that is being the owner and head chef of the most popular lunch and dinner spot for the working-class in and around Washington DC.

Her poor feet are swollen so badly by the end of each workday that it would be impossible to find where the ankle ends and the calf begins. And don't even get me started on her back spasms. I don't know how much more of this I can take. She is obviously in pain. And seeing her in such a state is killing me, especially since she won't let me help her in anyway, at all, no matter how much I offer and beg.