iii. 𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 𝐛'𝐬 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬

//chapter three • john b's fucking compass

//chapter three 
• john b's fucking compass

ANDREW NEVER REALLY liked being a Kook. Andrew found the whole patriarchy of it all pointless. He knew all society was like this, but the island of Kildare felt like rival gangs going at it rather than two social classes. 

Sometimes it felt like Andrew was the only person who realized: They were all just people. Pogues, Kooks, tourons, mainlandies. Who cares about the hierarchy when you're miserable? At least the Pogues did the best with what they had, living life to the fullest they could like Kooks wasted away their opportunities. Rafe was a good example of that. Dropping out of college while smart people like Pope Heyward couldn't even pay for the schooling he deserved. 

And despite appearance, Andrew wasn't really friends with any of the other Kooks. He hated Rafe for wasting every opportunity he had. He hated Kelce for wasting all his money on cars and drugs. He hated Topper for falling into it all when he might have been decent enough to be a good guy. But no. He was on of Rafe's sired little bitches. Playing the victim and stupid enough to listen to Rafe. Just like everyone else was.

But Sarah was different than the others. Sarah Cameron might've been the Kook Princess, but she wasn't ungrateful, she wasn't stuck up, she was just a likable person, a good and excepting friend, and a genuine human being. She was one of the only people Andrew could stand. 

But even now, Andrew couldn't cut himself from the long strings that had attached him to being a Kook. And so, he was stuck walking with her 'friends', Rafe, Kelce and Topper. And of course, Topper played the victim and wouldn't stop talking about the Boneyard, just like yesterday. 

"I mean, I just━ I can't get it out of my head. It's just on repeat. 'Your move, broski'." Topper said like it was the most tragic thing ever.

How do you think John B felt nearly being drowned to death? Andrew thought sourly as he walked behind the trio of Kooks.

"Bro, he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head." Kelce added, making Topper feel more and more like he was in the right.

"That's what I'm saying. it's insane." Topper scoffed.

"Safety off." Kelce pointed out was the group walked through Figure Eight towards the Cameron residence. "That Pogue."

"They're freak'n Pogues, man." Rafe agreeded, shaking his head before he glanced back at Topper. "You know, you should get a piece. You gotta fight fire with fire and defend the homestead. Right?"

"Yeah." 

"It's better than being caught without one." Kelce said, clapping Topper on the shoulder as Andrew trailed far behind them, just close enough to hear their problematic conversation.