Chapter 3

Mihrimah :
The first encounter

Mihrimah was a practicing lawyer. She was getting out of court when she got a call from the Liza alert ( the organization which was working on her father's case). They called her at Mehmood Zaidi's office because the head wanted to meet her. It was common for such organizations to call the missing people's families for assistance so she agreed.

The office wasn't far it was a twenty minute drive. She parked her white Lada Granta in the parking lot and took her phone and a file which contained the details of her father.

She was about to enter the building when she bumped into a tall figure. Cold brown eyes met the light brown ones for a mere second. Before she looked down at her belongings on the ground. "I'm sorry" slipped out of her mouth. She lifted her head up only to see the man walking straight past her like nothing happened.

Mihrimah wasn't the one to get angry easily but this man's ignorance made her furious. " HOW CAN A PERSON BE SO MANNERLESS " she thought while gathering all her belongings from the ground. She met all the volunteers and the staff of Liza alert since it was the last place where her father was seen so they all were gathered there to find the clues. They told her that the head would be there any minute. She waited sitting on the couch of her father's office room.

Her eyes wandered at the office chair where her father use to sit "Kahan chalay gayay hain ap baba" ( Where have you disappeared dad ?) she whispered to herself. That's when she heard the door slam open. He was standing there yes it was him. The mannerless arrogant guy she randomly bumped into a few minutes ago was the head of Liza alert. They both exchanged a few glances. He seemed a little surprised for a second but then he changed his expression to a neutral cold one.

And then he said "Assalamualaikum I'm Asher Zaheer the head of IT department at Liza Alert. And you are ?" She was a little shocked at first by the way he approached her because she rarely encountered any Muslims in Moscow and how did he know she was a Muslim but then she remembered that she was a hijabi and it was quite obvious.

When she snapped out of her thoughts. She realized that there has been an awkward silence in between them and he has been observing her ever since." I am Mihrimah Zaidi the daughter of Muhammad Mehmood Zaidi" she managed to say.

" I will ask you a few questions and I want you to be completely honest with the answers " He stopped for a moment but when she didn't say anything he continued.
"When was the last time you saw him and did he talked to you after that?"

"I saw him at the breakfast before he left for work. He called me at 6 pm to inform me that he would get home late tonight." Mihrimah replied. He asked her a few more questions and then said " Thank you for cooperating Miss Zaidi. We will contact you for further assistance." Getting out of the office building she felt something she has never felt before a very inexplicable light feeling.