Chapter 8

Mihrimah :

After praying Tahajjud she saw her baba sitting on his office chair in his study room with a notebook and pen in his hand.

"What are you doing baba?" Mihrimah asked.

"I'm writing a letter betay." He replied with a smile on his face.

" A letter? Who are you writing a letter to?"

"I'm writing letter to ALLAH SWT."

"How are you going to send it ?"

"Why do I have to send it ?"

"Why are you writing it then ?"

His smile widened at this question and he said"I'm writing this letter because it makes me feel closer to ALLAH. I feel like I'm having a direct conversation with my creator SUBHANALLAH."

" How often do you write these letters?"

"Everyday."

"What's the purpose of writing a letter when you can just make Dua?"

"Yes I can make Dua and I do it everyday but I want to build a strong relationship with ALLAH. I want to become khaleel ALLAH."

"Do you know Mihri why ALLAH SWT gave Ibrahim (P.B.U.H) the title of khaleel ALLAH ( ALLAH'S friend) ?"

"Why ?"

"ALLAH SWT gave him the title of Khaleel ALLAH because his life was filled with tribulations but he remained sincere in his submission to ALLAH Almighty and was steadfast in his faith."

" Baba how can we become khaleel ALLAH? He is a prophet and we're sinners there is no comparison."

"Yes there's no comparison but we don't have to be a prophet to become ALLAH'S friend. We can try being closer to him with our good deeds and the extra effort we put in this relationship. Just like we pray Tahajjud even though it is not mandatory but we do that to get closer to ALLAH. ALLAH SWT says " So remember me , I will remember you." Your way of remembering him can be different from others it is not necessary to remember him through worship only. Har waqt ALLAH ko yaad karo betay chahay ghr ka hi koi kaam Kyu na kar rahi ho ussay bhi ibadat ki tarah karo Tou ALLAH ko yeh bht Pasand hai. ( Remember him in everything even if you're doing house chores , do it like it's worship. ALLAH loves it.)"

"Baba you truly are a majestic man." She said with a smile on her face.

He looked at her with love and a smile on his face.

The sound of her Alarm woke her up. She grabbed her phone from the side table to see the time. It was 5Am in the morning "time for Tahajjud Mihri" she whispered to herself. She always thought about him before going to sleep which is why he kept showing up in her dreams regularly. She laid on her bed thinking about the dream she had that's when something clicked in her mind.

"Where is baba's journal ?"Mihrimah looked at Fajr peacefully sleeping beside her. She got out of the bed trying not to disturb her and went straight to her father's study. Even though she didn't remember getting that journal during the investigation but she still looked for it. She opened the first drawer of his office table where she had kept all his belongings. Everything else was there except the journal. She felt her heartbeat racing and her palms sweating. That's when she decided to call him. She opened Mr Fyodor's text.

Miss Zaidi
Thank you for your cooperation if you find anything please contact the number I've mentioned below.

Regards
Mr Fyodor

She looked at the number indecisively for a few seconds before dialing it. The call rang for 10 seconds before he picked it up.

"Assalamualaikum I'm Mihrimah Zaidi I'm really sorry to disturb you at this moment I just remembered something. It was important so I thought I should let you know".

"How did you get my number?" She was too stunned to speak for a second. The fact that he didn't even reply to her Salam annoyed her so much. " Who raised him ?" she thought to herself.

"Mr Fyodor gave me your number so that I can contact you regarding the case." She waited for him to say something but when he didn't say anything she continued.

"I wanted to tell you that my father's journal is missing too. He use to journal everyday, he kept his journal in the office but it wasn't in his belongings which they returned me during the police investigation".

"Are you sure the journal isn't with you ?" What a stupid question she thought .Why would she even call him at midnight when she hadn't checked already if the journal was with her or not?

" Yes I am I've checked it everywhere."

" Okay we'll check his office again and see what we can do."

"Ap unhain dhoodnlain gey na ?" ( Will you find him?) She didn't even know why she asked this question. It just slipped out of her mouth suddenly before she could even think of it.

He was quite for a second and then he said "We will try our best Miss Zaidi." with that he ended the call.

By the end of the conversation she concluded that he was an ill-mannered and cold hearted person.

She heard footsteps approaching her. It was Fajr "What are you doing here at this hour Mihri?"

"Nothing I just woke up for Tahajjud."

" Why didn't you wake me up."

" I was about to wake you up. "

"Okay let's pray together I'm going to perform wudu."

Mihrimah and Fajr offered Tahajjud together and Mihrimah asked Fajr to recite Surrah Ar Rehman while she rested her head on Fajr's lap. After she completed the recitation. Mihrimah asked her "What did you pray for Fajar."

" I prayed for uncle's safe arrival and.."

"And ?"

"I prayed for his safety."

"Who's safety?"

Fajr didn't say anything she just went quite that's when Mihrimah realized who she was referring to.

"I thought you've moved on. Do you still miss him ?"

"No I don't miss him. How can I miss someone I've never forgotten in the first place ?" She said with a sorrowful smile on her face.

" Do you know where he is right now?"

" No but I know we'll meet again. I'm sure we will inshallah."

"Inshallah."

Mihrimah hugged her tightly and she hugged her back. They both slept after praying Fajr.