Chapter one

Mom yanked me out of bed so roughly that I bruised my elbow. "Get the fuck up and make food for Molly." Then she stepped on me and walked out. I lay on the floor, rubbing my bruised elbow and saying some quick mental quotes. PS, that's my real mom. She just doesn't like me. She says I almost killed her when she gave birth to me. I'm a disaster. Molly is my younger sister. She doesn't treat me any better. 
         I took ten minutes to prepare food, four minutes to iron Molly's uniform and five minutes to dress up. I never ate in the morning. I rushed to school. School was not different, but at least one good view warmed me up. Adrian Pearce! The hottest guy in school, and also a bully. Adrian's a jerk, but I just drown myself in my delusional world with him. Of course he doesn't even throw an eye on me, but it's okay. I hate being in the spotlight too, plus he's got all the girls at school drooling, even my dear own sister, Molly.
         I kept my head down, avoiding any reason to catch anyone's eyes. It was always like that. I barely said two words to anyone. I walked to my locker and opened it, grabbing my stuff and shutting it then heading to the library. I had all free periods until lunch so I went there to, not read, but sleep! The Liberian was an old man who focused on the books not the students. I was thankful for that. I sat down and slept ignoring the rumbling in my stomach. It was my only time of rest anyway.
          Sooner than I thought, it was time for lunch. I grabbed my bag sleepily and walked out. Everyone was already in the lunch room when I walked in. I walked head down to the counter, took my lunch and turned to leave. Then I felt a pang in my left cheek, making me go numb, thanks to the hunger and weakness in me, I fell straight to the ground. Molly kicked in my side. "How dare you!" She spat annoyed. "You burn a hole in my dress and leave it for me to wear?" Last time I checked, that never happened. I was hurt,so hurt that I could feel tears in my eyes start to fall. Especially because my only hope for food was ruined.
         I tried to say something but all the strength in me vanished. Molly walked away angrily. I was still there, holding my elbow and face, crying silently.
        I'd made up my mind to run away from that house. I was never going back. Everyone started to leave. I felt alone, broken. I cried. Everyone left, I was left alone in the lunch room. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. It was the only time I felt better.  But someone pulled me up, wrapping me into a strong body, and most importantly, disrupting my sleep. "You're so lean." I heard the voice and my eyes shot open.
     Adrian Pearce? Oh no! Now I panicked. Okay, I'm just kidding, I merely stared at him. He smiled warmly at me, sending surprise to me. "It's okay." He whispered and leaned me into his chest. Have I ever felt grateful? Not like this! I didn't know when I started to sob quietly while he walked to the clinic. He didn't console me, I didn't expect him to. He lay me on the bed and left while the nurse attended to me. I don't remember what she did, but I fell asleep quickly.
           After a long sleep, I heard a soft yet deep voice near me. "Anila, wake up." I opened my eyes, still feeling weighed down by the weakness in me. Adrian sat in front of me. There was a tray of food between us and he was busy setting it up. I was confused. Did he mistake me for one of his girlfriends? That had to be the case. But he'd said my name, did he really know what he was doing? "I'm as surprised as you are." He spoke quietly, raising his eyes to meet mine. I was surprised by the amount of concern I found in them. He looked down again and continued to set the food.
           "I didn't expect this. Not even a little." He smiled. "Don't blame me for going too far. I couldn't stand it." He pushed a bowl of cereal and overflowing milk to me. "Agnes said you were very weak. I got that hoping you're not allergy to milk. Are you?" Okay for the record, I'd not said anything to him yet. He'd been doing all the talking. I was still too shocked, too confused, too weak. I so badly wanted to say something, ask him why he was doing it, but I could barely breathe, talk about saying anything.
         Adrian moved closer so he was sitting beside me now, pulled me into his side and picked up the bowl of cereal and a spoon. "I'll help you." His voice was in my hair, soft,yet deep and intimidating. I let him feed me. More because there was nothing I could do, and I'd lose a lot if I messed up. But of all people, why Adrian? No, that's not the question,how is it him? He was patient,calm even rubbing my back when I started to cough. "Easy, don't hurt yourself." I felt my eyes get misty, but I didn't want to cry. Not like this.
           He moved away after I finished the whole bowl. We were quiet. I didn't know what to say. "You want another?" I looked up at him, nodding eagerly. He smiled, someone will bring it once I'm gone." I nodded. I was still thinking of what to say. Everything started with a thank you right? I'd say thank you. I opened my mouth to say it, but he cut me off. "Don't, thank me. I don't know why I'm doing this, but I don't want you to thank me." I was confused. Wasn't he the same guy that broke someone's tooth because they wouldn't thank him? Was I.. lucky?
            "Anyway!" He stood up. "Before I run late for my.... something really important, I want to tell you something." I didn't look at him. I didn't dare to. Maybe I was dreaming. Maybe mom would drag my hair very soon and throw me out of bed. Maybe Molly would step her heels on my side and walk over me and I'd wake up. Adrian wasn't here,no one was. I was probably still in the lunch room, sprawled out on the floor, sleeping helplessly. Maybe I was still dreaming about Adrian Pearce like always. It was just me. No one else.
         But his words hit differently. "Come to me. Everyday. I want to take care of you." I finally looked up fiercely bitting on my quivering lips, avoiding to cry in front of him. He smiled again, rubbed my head and left. Exactly two minutes later,a random guy who was definitely not a student walked in with four lunch bags. "From Mr Pearce." He said before leaving. I sat there, finally letting my tears fall. I'd not cried in a long time, but today was just... very different. All the hurt and pain,every torture and threat everything was just too painful today. And then came Adrian, whether my imagination or real life, I didn't want him. I didn't want what he was doing for me. It was new,strange. Very difficult to believe. But a better part of me didn't want him to stop. Hoped he wouldn't stop.

     A/n
Hi y'all! This is my first time publishing any of my stories 😁😁 I really hope you enjoy and don't forget to comment okay

  Love you ❤️❤️