Chapter nine

Nine

       Adrian's POV

        "She's still a child!" Liam said after I joined them beside my locker. I looked at Anila walking over to her class. I felt satisfaction, eagerness, happiness, worry. I felt so many things. I was happy she was being herself, gradually becoming happy. I wanted her to. "There's no going back for you man." Dylan rubbed my shoulder. I looked down rubbing the back of my neck and sighed. "There can't be any going back now Adrian. You gotta convince your family now."

         I knew I had to. Dad would soon ask to meet Anila, and probably scare her in every way possible. But I was scared for one thing. I'd not planned to fall this hard for Anila. It just happened. I just couldn't ignore what I felt anymore. But what about her? She was at least just sixteen, very innocent and fragile. She was weak and scared. I just wanted to protect her, but I wanted her to be mine. How would I tell her? What if she didn't feel the same? What if I was making a mistake?

         My phone rang and looked at it. "Old man huh?" Dylan asked leaning on the wall from where he sat and. I nodded. "Come home tonight!" It was one sentence. Always one sentence. I dropped the phone and sighed. "What if he knows about her already?" Liam asked. I shrugged. "I'd make him understand." He scoffed. "Are you joking? Dude, you haven't sorted out one thing in your mess. You really think you can handle this? What makes you think you can?" "It's worth trying!" He only hissed and looked away.

          "So what if he asks you why you want her?" Dylan asked. "I'll tell him why?" "Oh you will?" Liam raised his brows. "For fuck's sake can you listen to yourself?" "Dude you said you were going to support me, right? Are you really doing that now?" "I'm worried about you Adrian! I approve of Anila, hundred percent but this is your life. Your family." He was right! It was my life and my family. Dealing with dad was not going to be easy. And more too, because of the issue with Claire. Now I really wished I'd been straightforward from the start.

        "Imagine I was your dad." Dylan said facing me fully. "Why do like Anila?" Why did I like Anila? At first I'd only pitied her,then I wanted to protect her and I got used to her. Now I wanted her. Why did I like her? "Anila's just... Anila. She's cute, she's innocent, she fragile. She's pretty. She doesn't pretend. She is just someone that makes me feel like I can do better. She's one reason why I want to be different. I think I gave up the idea of drugs because of her. I stopped street racing because I wanted to see her doing well. I'm just surprised I didn't give into this for a long time. I mean, I've always pitied her and wanted to help but, I contemplated. I don't know why but I just want to do things for her. Things that'd make her proud of me. Anila is everything. Really, she is. My everything."