Chapter six

Six

            I walked to my locker and opened it and something fell on my face making me scream. But it was just a teddy bear, with a note patch on it. I picked it up and opened it. "Come to lunch with me. Adrian!" I sighed, feeling both better and suddenly scared. Adrian never ate lunch in the lunch room. I always saw him and his friends in the empty class every time I passed to the library to eat. That was where I ate. There was no seat for me in the lunch room. Why did he suddenly want me to eat with him? I sighed and shut my locker, screaming again when I saw him leaning on the locker next to mine.

        He smirked. "Did you get enough sleep?" I sighed. "First of all, never scare me like that again. And secondly, thanks for yesterday. I did get enough sleep." He dropped his hands and stood straight. "Anila!" My eyes widened at the softness of his voice. "I told you not to thank me." He had an almost sad or disappointed smile on his face. I didn't know what to feel or say. He leaned back on the locker and folded his hands again.

           "So, you coming to lunch with me?" "No!" He frowned. "Why not?" "Because I only get into more trouble hanging out with you. Adrian you have done so much for me and I really like it but, my life is more complicated than this." "So is mine." He looked serious. "You're coming to lunch with me, whether you like it or not. Or better still, I'll tell the whole school we're dating." I frowned at his sly smirk. "What a joke! No one will ever date someone like me. But please will you ignore me forever after the lunch?" He looked at me for a while, then nodded slowly. I was grateful.

             "Anyway, see you at lunch briefy!" "Adrian! I told you, I'm not short. Okay? You're just too tall." But in reality I'm only half past his stomach. What a shame! He rubbed my head and smiled before leaving. I could feel my cheeks warm up and covered my face with my books. But more than anything, I hated the looks everyone was giving me. They were already cooking up stories and new plans to hurt me. Thank God Adrian agreed to stay away from me after today. They'll forget about everything soon. I hoped.

          Well, the opposite happened. I went to the restroom during the last period before lunch. It was a free period so I wanted to use the restroom in that time. I'd been pressed since second period and each period was an hour. I was grateful for this free chance. I ran out off the class and rushed to the bathroom. There were some girls there, making out, dressing up and the rest. I ignored them and went to the last one and entered to ease myself.

                Almost immediately I was done, someone kicked the door open, and grabbed my hair pulling to the outer part of the restroom. I was still to dress up and everyone was starting to take pictures. There were at least fifteen or eighteen girls and all had their cameras videoing and probably posting too. I'd never felt more humiliated before. "What did I ever do to anyone of you?" I heard myself scream out. They just laughed and I felt someone slap my face. I cringed, trying to pull away from them and dress up.

           I didn't know what joy they got in snapping and videoing my bareness but I felt more shameful for my scars. There were strippers everywhere, I wasn't going to be the first to be naked on the internet. But the scars and bruises I tried to hide with my clothes were also being exposed. I couldn't stop crying. Everyone started to throw things at me injuring me more, laughing and hitting on me. I closed my eyes and cried, waiting for them to get tired and leave. They eventually did when the bell for lunch went, leaving me on the cold floor, crying and hugging myself.

          I couldn't think. I just lay there letting my tears flow. I was helpless, more because I didn't even have a family. I was sure Molly put them up to it and just wondered how someone could hate you so bad even without you hurting them. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I thought of Adrian. He was probably waiting for me to have lunch with him. I couldn't not go. If I didn't he'd come looking for me and my problems would keep increasing. I got up, arranged myself and walked out. I couldn't look up, I didn't dare to think about anything. I walked straight to the empty class where Adrian was and opened it. He was looking at his phone, Liam and Dylan, the same. The remaining seniors I couldn't recognize their names, they were urging the others to eat.

            I contemplated for a while and finally called. "Adrian!" I didn't realize the amount of heaviness I was feeling until his eyes landed on me. "I came." I heard myself mutter before I slipped to ground. "Shit! Anila!" I heard the last thing. I think it was Liam. I blacked out.