STEVE ROGERS

Chapter Title: "Thawed in Time"

Steve Rogers stood in front of the frozen chamber, the blue glow reflecting in his eyes. The sight before him seemed surreal—a stark reminder of a time long gone. As the ice melted away, revealing the figure inside, Steve's breath caught in his throat. It couldn't be. But as the icy prison dissolved, there he was—Y/N, frozen in time.

"Y/N," Steve whispered, his voice a mixture of disbelief and awe. He reached out, fingers trembling as he touched Y/N's cold hand. Memories flooded back—laughter, shared glances, stolen kisses. The weight of the past pressed on Steve's chest as he struggled to comprehend the reality before him.

The room echoed with the sound of thawing ice, creating an ethereal atmosphere. Y/N's eyelids fluttered as life returned to his frozen form. Steve watched with bated breath as Y/N's eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the harsh light of the present day.

"Steve?" Y/N's voice, though weak, carried a familiar warmth. Recognition dawned in his eyes as he stared at the man before him. "Is it really you?"

Steve nodded, unable to find words. He pulled Y/N into a tight embrace, as if trying to confirm that this was not a dream. Y/N, though disoriented, responded to the embrace, clinging to Steve as if afraid he might disappear again.

"You were frozen," Steve finally managed, his voice choked with emotion. "We thought we lost you."

Y/N looked around, taking in the futuristic surroundings. "Lost? What happened?"

As Steve began to explain the events that unfolded after Y/N followed him on the plane, Y/N's expression shifted from confusion to realization. The world he once knew had evolved, leaving him a relic of the past.

The challenges of Y/N adjusting to the present became evident as they navigated the intricacies of a changed world. Steve helped Y/N catch up on decades of history, introducing him to technology, societal norms, and the complexities of the 21st century.

Their emotional reunion was marked by a mixture of joy and sorrow. Steve grappled with the guilt of leaving Y/N behind and the elation of having him back. Y/N, in turn, faced the grief of losing the life he once knew and the uncertainty of adapting to the unknown.

Throughout their journey, Steve and Y/N rediscovered the love that had endured through time. The challenges they faced only strengthened their connection as they learned to lean on each other for support. Together, they faced the hurdles of Y/N's reintegration into a world that had moved on without him.

As they stood on the balcony overlooking the city, Steve whispered, "I never stopped loving you."

Y/N smiled, a mixture of sadness and contentment in his eyes. "I never stopped waiting for you."

In that moment, surrounded by the echoes of the past and the possibilities of the future, Steve Rogers and Y/N embraced a second chance at love, determined to face whatever challenges the world threw their way.

timeskip to vormir

The journey to Vormir was harrowing, the air thick with the ominous understanding of the sacrifice that awaited them. Steve Rogers and Y/N stood before the towering cliffs, the chilling presence of the Red Skull casting a shadow over the desolate landscape.

Y/N tightened their grip on Steve's hand, a silent reassurance passing between them. The weight of the mission hung heavily in the air as they approached the precipice.

The Red Skull, his ghastly face revealing no emotions, explained the rules. A soul for a soul. One of them had to make the ultimate sacrifice to obtain the Soul Stone.

Steve's jaw clenched, and he turned to Y/N. "I can't ask you to do this."

Y/N shook their head, a solemn determination in their eyes. "We knew the risks when we started this journey, Steve. We face it together."

The decision weighed on them as they faced the daunting reality of losing each other once again. The choice became inevitable, and a silent agreement passed between them. With a heavy heart, Y/N took a step back.

"I'll do it," they said, their voice steady but laced with pain.

Steve's eyes welled with tears, and he whispered, "Y/N, no."

Y/N gently cupped Steve's face, their thumb wiping away a tear. "I can't let you go through this. You have a life to live."

Steve nodded, his throat tight with emotion. "Just promise me you'll come back. Find a way to come back."

With a solemn nod, Y/N turned toward the edge of the cliff, determined to fulfill the sacrifice. Steve watched, heartbroken, as Y/N faced the Red Skull and the abyss that held the elusive Soul Stone.

As Y/N disappeared, the weight of grief settled on Steve's shoulders. The Red Skull's eerie voice spoke, "They are not coming back."

Steve, suppressing his tears, took a deep breath. "I'll find a way to honor your sacrifice. No matter what it takes."

With the Soul Stone in hand, Steve made his way back to the present, the pain of loss etched on his face. The Avengers awaited his return, but the joy was overshadowed by the absence of Y/N.

In the aftermath, Steve dedicated himself to preserving Y/N's memory. He created a memorial, ensuring that Y/N's sacrifice would never be forgotten. Steve carried the weight of the Soul Stone, a constant reminder of the love he had lost in the pursuit of saving others.

United once again with the Avengers, Steve faced the future with a heavy heart, forever marked by the sacrifice of the person he loved most.