BRUCE WAYNE

The moon hung high over Gotham City, casting an ethereal glow on the dark streets below. Gotham had always been a city of contrasts, where the light struggled against the ever-encroaching darkness. Batman, the Dark Knight, stood on a rooftop, his cape billowing in the cold night air. His thoughts were consumed by the latest in a series of sinister attacks orchestrated by the Joker.

His lover and sidekick, Y/N, had been missing for weeks. The search had been relentless, every lead a dead end, every night a torment. Y/N had been more than just a partner in crime-fighting; he had been Bruce Wayne's heart, his light in the suffocating darkness.

Tonight, however, there was a break in the case. The Bat-Signal had shone brightly against the clouds, summoning Batman to Commissioner Gordon's side. As Batman landed silently on the rooftop of the GCPD, Gordon's grim expression confirmed his fears.

"Bruce," Gordon began, his voice heavy with sorrow, "we found him. We found Y/N."

"Where?" Batman demanded, his voice a low growl. The fear and desperation he kept buried threatened to surface.

"He's at an abandoned warehouse on the docks. But Bruce, there's something you need to know. The Joker... he's done something to him."

Before Gordon could say more, Batman was already moving. His mind raced with possibilities, each one more horrifying than the last. The Joker was capable of unimaginable cruelty, and the thought of Y/N in his hands was unbearable.

The Batmobile roared through the streets of Gotham, its sleek form a blur in the night. As Batman neared the warehouse, he activated his scanners, searching for any sign of life. The readings were faint but unmistakable—Y/N was inside.

Batman approached the warehouse cautiously, his senses on high alert. The door creaked open, and he stepped into the dimly lit interior. The air was thick with the smell of decay and fear. Shadows danced across the walls, and in the center of the room, illuminated by a single, flickering light, stood Y/N.

"Y/N," Batman called out softly, his heart aching at the sight of his lover. Y/N's once vibrant eyes were now cold and distant, his body marked by the Joker's cruel handiwork.

Y/N turned slowly, a twisted smile playing on his lips. "Hello, Batman," he said, his voice a haunting echo of the man Bruce had known. "I've been waiting for you."

"Y/N, it's me, Bruce," Batman said, stepping closer. "We can fix this. We can help you."

Y/N's laughter was a chilling sound, devoid of warmth. "Help me? Oh, Bruce, you're too late. The Joker showed me the truth. He showed me who I really am."

"That's not you," Batman insisted, his voice filled with desperation. "You're stronger than this. Fight it, Y/N."

Y/N's expression hardened, and he lunged at Batman, his movements swift and deadly. The fight was brutal, a clash of wills and skills. Batman tried to subdue Y/N without causing harm, but it was clear that the Joker's conditioning had twisted Y/N's mind beyond recognition.

"Bruce, please," Y/N's voice broke through the chaos, a moment of clarity amidst the madness. "End this. I can't... I can't control it."

Tears stung Batman's eyes as he realized what he had to do. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I love you."

With a heavy heart, Batman delivered a precise, final blow. Y/N's body went limp, and he collapsed to the ground. Batman caught him, cradling his lover's broken form in his arms.

As the life faded from Y/N's eyes, he whispered, "Thank you, Bruce. I love you too."

---

The dawn broke over Gotham, casting a pale light on the city. Batman stood alone on the rooftop of Wayne Tower, the weight of his actions pressing down on him. He had saved Gotham countless times, but this victory felt like a hollow defeat.

Commissioner Gordon approached, his expression somber. "Bruce, I'm so sorry."

Batman nodded, his eyes fixed on the horizon. "He was my world, Jim. And now he's gone."

Gordon placed a hand on Batman's shoulder. "He wouldn't want you to give up. Y/N was a hero, and he loved you. Honor his memory by continuing the fight."

Bruce took a deep breath, the pain in his chest a constant reminder of his loss. "I will. For him."

As the sun rose over Gotham, the Dark Knight stood resolute, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead. In his heart, Y/N's memory burned bright, a beacon of love and sacrifice that would guide him through the darkness.