•Trigger•

Nikolai slipped on his black shoes and went over to his large suitcase. He opened it and took a sniper out from under his clothes. He silenced it and attached the scope then placed it in a duffle bag. He added paddings to keep the shape of his gun from showing.

Soon he walked out of the small hotel and headed to his target's workplace.

He settled down his equipment near a window in an apartment that the council of seekers had provided. Once he had set up his sniper, he looked through the girl's data. "Katherine Brown." He muttered, not pleased with the fact that her name rolled off his tongue perfectly as if it were natural. He shook his head at the thought and went towards his weapon.

He looked through the scope at the building she was supposedly in, not finding any trace of her. He waited for her, scanning the perimeter of the restaurant as much as he could through a window. His heartbeat picked up when he saw a blonde head walk out of a corner he couldn't see.

She was beautiful to him at first sight. Of course he saw her picture but, he never expected her to look that beautiful in reality. He took three deep breaths as he tried to shake off her face out of his head. "What is wrong with me?! I should be concentrated." He told himself.

"Darkai?" Pano's voice tapped in through the earpiece. It was like a wake up call to him because he suddenly adjusted his gun to target her heart. She was ordering some people around.

"What?" He asked. His voice almost sounding defeated. Pano sighed. "I know this is hard for you. She's an innocent human." Nikolai's gritted his teeth. How dare he think that I'm weak? Nikolai could blow his head off for that.

"Don't you even think that you can say that to me." Nikolai spoke in a dead cold tone. Pano gulped on the other side. "I just-" "Shut up. Don't contact me again until required."

Nikolai pulled back from the weapon. He was defeated by his human side. He couldn't do it, not today. He'll try again tomorrow until he could do it. It was a job after all.

That night Nikolai sat on his bed, thinking. Why did the contractor want her dead?

He would figure it out before he kills her.

He slept that night with one thing on his mind. A visit to blondie.