•Dan•

Nikolai walked to the door of the restaurant she worked at. He wore a T-shirt and plain jeans to look casual. He was going to get to know the girl before he could decide whether killing her was right or not, whatever he chose would still result in her death because he was a seeker.

He opened the door making a bell chime. Walking in, he could smell something delightful that invaded his hunger. His stomach growled lowly and he rose an eyebrow at the sound.

A waitress walked over to where he was standing. "Would you like a seat?"

"Yes." The waitress led him to a table by the same window he was looking through the day before.

Nikolai ordered whatever made him hungry and ran his eyes around the restaurant, waiting. "Lily! I told you to use the other glasses for this one." A soft voice scolded. Nikolai actually smirked.

Did she think her scolding would work if her voice was so sweet?

Nikolai didn't want to get the waitress in trouble but it had to be done. He sprayed oil on the floor next to his table. He waited for a waitress to walk by.

Suddenly a redhead came towards his table with a tray of drinks. As soon as she stepped on the oil she slipped, spilling the drinks over Nikolai.

Apologies were thrown like gunfire as Nikolai tried to wipe the liquid off his skin with a tissue. "I'm so sorry, I don't know how this happened with the oil and-" "It's quiet alright." Nikolai cut Katherine off.

The girl looked down in shame. She hadn't felt so ashamed ever. One of her employees just spilt drinks over a really good looking man. "I apologise, I'll make it up to you. You can order anything you want on me." She said.

Nikolai cracked a fake smile and shook his head. "It's alright. Though, if you'd like to make it up to me, I have something in mind." Katherine looked at him in confusion.

"What is it?" She asked nicely. She hoped he wouldn't ask for anything inappropriate. "Would like to go out with me sometime? As friends of course."

Katherine was confused as to why he would want to be friends with her but she thought over it. She smiled and nodded her head. "When would you like to go?"

"When your work here is done?" Nikolai asked. He hoped she would agree. It was important to himself that he knew why anyone would want her dead. Something wasn't right and he intended to find out.

"Alright, you can go change and we'll get going. Though, if you'd prefer we can go together and go out once you change." She offered. Nikolai shook his head.

"I always have a spare change on me."

Katherine smiled and gestured him to follow her. She led her to the staff room and he quickly changed. "I'll be done here in about ten minutes. We can leave once I'm done." She informed him.

For some reason, he liked how calm and collected she was. It was quiet mature but at the same time she looked like someone who was childish on the inside.

"Sure."

"What's your name?"

"I'm, Ni- I'm Dan." He told her.