Chapter 5

I started to enjoy the silence and no one being around, but that was gone once i felt someone standing over me with dripping wet hair. I opened one eye and then groaned and closed them again. Of course it was Brad.

"Can I help you?" I asked sarcastically. He laughed

"Yeah could you please stop being such a Debby Downer and get you ass in the water?" he asked, attempting to pull me up from my chair. I immediately push him off me and lay back down.

"No Brad, im fine here." I say crossing my arms.

"Oh come on Ashlee, its not gonna hurt you to get in the water and enjoy some time with us?" I scoff and don't say anything. He stares at me. "Ashlee just get in, it's no fun without you?" He whines and sits next to me. I start to get angry from frustration. "How would you know? You don't know me Brad, I don't know you. We aren't friends... Sophie just dragged me out here." I say and cross my arms. Brad fake winces and rubs his heart, "Ouch.... Look, I know i don't know you, but i'd like to." He smirks as he just quoted his own song lyric. Basic rock star... "So come on and get in the water, most girls would kill to get in the water with us... It won't kill you!" he says smiling. That's it. I immediately felt it coming.
"You know what Brad, im not most girls, far from it actually, i don't need to be around some idiot that obviously just wants to play me and get in my pants and add me to his scrapbook of vulnerable girls who he's hooked up with, Im done here and don't want to be around you any longer... and by the way.... in fact it could kill me.... just like it killed my parents." I say tears threatening to fall. I turn the other way and run to my car, not wanting yo spend another second at that beach with him. Im sure Sophie can get a ride home with them, I just need to get out of here, and fast.

Brads POV

As soon as she finished her sentence my heart broke. God im such an idiot...

"Ashlee wait!" I yell, but she didn't turn around... i wouldn't have either..

I kick up some sand and groan in frustration... I shouldn't have pressured her..she wasn't being rude.. she just initially had a fear and didn't want to get in. GOD! There goes any chance I had with her.. Im a failure.... I get interrupted from the self-bashing session i was in the middle of when everyone ran up to the cabana looking confused,

"Where is Ashlee...?" Sophie asks looking at me confused. I sigh and look up at them.

"She left...." I say quietly.

"Why did she do that.." Tristan asks me. I run my fingers through my now almost dry hair.

"She looked lonely up here so I came over here and tried to get her to come in the water with us but she kept refusing, and I said something that set her off and really upset her... then she left. " I finish with everyone's eyes on me. Sophie sighs as if she knows what I said.
"Did you say something to make her think about the accident" She asked softly, even more soft when she said accident. I nod slowly, ignoring everyone's confused looks around us.

She smiles slightly and puts a hand on my shoulder, "Don't beat yourself up, you didn't know.... Shes just really sensitive... and shes been through a whole lot..." She says her smile starting to drop.

I nod "I just really want to apologize..." I say looking guilty.

She nods "Well Im gonna need a ride back home to see Ash... and maybe you can come in and try to talk to her.... Ok..? Sophie asks looking at all of us. James nods and grabs all his stuff, along with everyone else. I quickly follow behind everyone to the car, in desperate need of a second chance with Ashlee.. Something inside of me is telling me not to loose her.. She's the one...