v. 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚

//chapter five • beaches and boy drama

//chapter five 
• beaches and boy drama

THE START OF Sunday brought the beach clean up hosted on Figure Eight. All the Kooks went, the Camerons, Kelce, Topper and even Sheri (who was only visiting for the summer). Andrew wished he could focus but his mind was buzzing and he couldn't help but be annoyed by the people who were his 'friends'. It didn't help that Andrew's mind never left whatever it was that the Pogues were scheming.

Meanwhile, Sarah was ranting to her boyfriend about John B. No matter how kind Sarah was, she was still a Kook. Nothing was gonna change that at this rate. Sometimes it was like Sarah became a whole new person around their friends.

"You should've heard how John B talked to me." Sarah scoffed, holding a red trash bag like everyone else. "That kid's got a mouth on him!"

"I mean, he━ he showed his true colors, Sarah." Topper told her. The two walked up the beach as Andrew trailed behind them, watching the people pass around them.

"He was so rude!"

"I know, that's what I've been trying to tell you. I mean he's lucky your dad didn't press charges." Topper scoffed.

"I know! After stealing scuba from us?" Sarah said, her disbelief obvious in her voice. "It's just... kind ridiculous to me. After everything my dad has done for him. Just so generous and you'd think he'd be more grateful. And then he yells at me like it's my fault!"

"It's━ He's a Pogue, at the end of the day. I mean, you can say we're all just people or━ or whatever, but it's a totally different mindset in the cut." Topper told his girlfriend as Andrew frowned, pretty sure that Topper was wrong.

Or maybe he wasn't, but the Pogue's mindset wasn't a bad mindset, it was just a fight to survive mindset instead of the easy going mindset all the Kooks had.

"Yooo, ya'll look thirsty!" Kelce whooped as he approached the three, holding up a jar of some yellow liquid concoction.

"Oh okay, what do we━ what do we have here?" Topper asked, taking the jar from him.

"Have some of that, baby." Kelce encouraged as Sheri came up behind him. 

Topper took a stiff of the drink and immediately recoiled. "Oh my god!" Topper laughed, turning away. Andrew let out a long huff, shaking his head as he looked up at the road near the shoreline, watching a familiar van drive past the beach towards the biggest hotel in OBX. 

Topper took a drink of Kelce's concoction and cringed. 

Kelce laughed. "That's how we do it, baby!" 

"Oh man." Topper shook his head and handed the glass off to his girlfriend. "Come on, Sarah." 

Sarah took it and stiffed it, nose scrunching at the smell. "What did you do to this?"