Chapter 2 Threatened

John's P. O. V

I arrive at my father's house and take a seat as I waited for him to show up from the office. "Finally", I said very low so he wouldn't be able to hear me he arrived and took a seat opposite to me. I was not scared of anything but when comes to my father I wet my pants. He owned my whole life my money and my job, now you understand why I peed in my pants?

"Why didn't you attend the meeting this morning?". I felt my heart race and I swallowed hard.

"That was today?" I ask cluelessly.

"Yes, it was, and you missed it!" he yelled. 

"Sorry dad I didn't remember."

"Of course not, you're so busy sleeping around with these fast girls that you don't have any time to do anything useful!" he stops and takes a breath "I know what have to do," he says to himself.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows waiting for his answer.

"You have less than one year to find a girl and get married!"

"Dad that's absurd!"

"No you know what is absurd, Your behavior, find a girl to get married less than a year or I am kicking you out of the company and cutting you off for good!"

"For missing one stupid meeting?"

"No for missing all the stupid, he took another breath "Get out of my house," he said with a disgusted look on his face.  I grabbed my vest and left shocked at how angry he was the board must have had a meeting concerning my behavior lately.

Julia's prov

"Ouch!" I yelled as the knife slice through my finger and blood rapidly came.

"Julia I told you to be careful when you are using knives. My mom says as She quickly runs to me  taking my wounded finger and pour rubbing alcohol on it causing me to yell. I pull my finger from my mom's hands and shake it desperately hoping the pain will end.

"Stop being a big baby" she teased, I shot her an irritating look as she places the bandage around my finger. "I'll finish cutting the carrots just go and set the table".  

"So Julia did you ever tell that boy how you feel about him".

"Who boy?" I ask whiles raising an eyebrow.

"Blue eyes, black short hair."

"John!"

"Yeah, I know his name started with a J." She paused and looked at me with questioning eyes.

" you still have feelings for him?!"

"No, maybe... okay yes!"

"Then why keep it a secret?"

"Cause mom he is my best friend, I mean my only friend and I don't want to ruin that and plus I am not his type" I had a hard time going through high school and John was there for every bad moment. That's one of the many reasons why am crazy about him, even though it's so obvious am surprise John never notice.  And I want it to stay that way besides my mom he's all I have.

"What you mean your not his type?"

"Mom can you just drop it?"

"Of course honey, if you don't feel like talking I'll drop it."

"Thanks, mom" My cell started ringing I quickly grab it and answer it.

"Hello?"

"Wow, I almost forgot how beautiful your voice is."

"Oh my God Johnny, speak of the devil I was just talking about you" I immediately got out of the kitchen and went to my room. I lay down flat on my stomach as I continue my conversation with Johnny.

"I can't tell you all the details now but I need you here with me."

"Did something happened, Are you okay?!"

"Yeah I am fine Julia but I just need you."

"Johnny I can't just leave and come to you."

"I know you can't but I really need you, Julia, it's a matter of life and death."

"Very funny Johnny I'll book a flight stay on the line" I quickly grab my laptop and book a flight to New York at 10 am. "See you there at 10 and don't be late!"

"Thank you so much love you, Julia."

"Love you too Johnny" and the call disconnected.