survive

Hanni's POV

"It's a waste that Mrs. Kim's daughter is a bit retarded."shua suddenly commented while were in the hammock. Watching Mrs. Kim talking to the island people. They're having a meeting but we can't understand coz it's in their language. While her daughter is there playing in the sand.

"Don't call her daughter like that, damn shushua..." I gave her a death glare.

"What?" Shua furrowed her brows." It's true tho. She is retarded. Look at her, her mental development is slow. She's already 22 years old but she thinks she's just a kid."

"She got traumatized..." I said

"Well, still..."shua shrugged and stood up.

"Where are you going again?"I asked.

"I'm going to the yacht, wanna come?" She asked.

"No,I'm okay here." I smiled at her.

I know she's gonna flirt with my bodyguard and they might even do something weird in the yacht so Im okay here..

My attention is in Minji, tho. She's digging in the sand with a slightly long rattan stick. So I decided to approach her. I want to get closed to her. Well, I'm still shy about what happened yesterday. But she's still a kid in her mind so I think she put malice on that.

"Hi, Minji..."I sat in the sand beside her."What are you doing?"
She kinda flinched when she heard me. She looked so aloof. Like she's always afraid of strangers.

I smiled at her. Signaling her that Im a good person.

She shyly smiled back.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying my best not to think about yesterday.

"I-I'm digging..."She answered as she continued digging in the sand.

I don't know what to say, anymore..

I just watched her while she's digging and play with small twigs.

"How old are you?"She suddenly asked. And turned to look at me again. She has beautiful eyes.

"Im turning 26 this year." I answered while smiling warmly at her.

She pouted. She looks so innocent and our. I wonder if she can be cured. It's not autism,tho. So maybe she can be cured.

It's not your business Hanni. You'll only stay here for a month so why bother about the mentally challenged daughter of Mrs. Kim?

Well, my inner self is right.

"Hey,are you 2 having fun?" Mrs. Kim came.

Minji stood up so I stood up also..

"Did Minji do something naughty to you?" Mrs. Kim asked while we're walking towards their house.

I immediately shook my head." No, She's actually well behaved.

"Good to hear that."

"Eomma, wanna play with Jason..."Minji said.

"Okay but came back at 6, huh.."

Minji nodded and started running towards the other direction.

"Is she curable, Mrs kim?" I still can't help but asked. Even though she already said that they don't any idea.

"Well, as I said, I dont know. I tried everything but nothing happened. I already lost my hope." Mrs. Kim looked at me and smiled sadly." I'm the only one she have. So I don't know what would happen to her if I die. That's why I have to be strong for her.."