𝙎𝙖𝙪𝙡 𝘽𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 - "𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩."

★★★
__________________________________________

"Quick, get inside!" I held the door open with my left arm while my other waved in the wind. My eyes were partly shut. I couldn't see a damn thing from the gusting sand.

"Gah— damn this storm." Saul shouted back. The bigger man rolling into the abandoned building with no intention to stop until he was shielded.

Once Saul was in I followed right behind. Slamming the door shut in the process. Immediately the loud wind calmed to just a muted breeze that whisked against the small building.

Both my hands were resting on my knees. Catching my breath from the small prison break that took place just a couple of minutes ago. "Wow..." I turned my head up to face Saul.

"Haven't done that in a while..." I laugh a bit to myself. Saul groaned, quickly facing me. I was in for it now...

"What were you thinking!?" Saul stormed up just a couple of inches from me. "Do you wish to get yourself killed? Huh! Is that it?!"

"Saul no... look. I was just trying to—"

"Shut it down. I've seen enough." Saul turned his back. Rubbing his eyes with just his fingers.

"Why are you so upset that I just saved your life! I mean... are you kidding me?" I scoffed. My hand already at his shoulder as I pulled him to face me.

"Because you could've died! Is that so hard to understand." His finger pushed on my chest. I glared further wanting to rip his whole arm off.

"And so could've you! Fuck. I can't do anything for you without you being up my ass the whole time."

I couldn't believe it. Obviously pissed I lent my back on the nearest wall. Arms crossed with an angry expression to go.

"Not even a thank you?" I managed to pipe out. This whole situation was enough stress already. Saul being the stern ass he was wasn't helping neither.

Saul plopped himself down onto the couch that was shoved up against the wall in the open living room, just next to the kitchen. The whole building was dark and it was starting to get cold.

Saul rubbed his face. Grumbling some curse before turning his head towards me. His eyes piercing straight through.

"You wanna know exactly why I'm so upset?" He began. His voice a pitch lower from its usual.

"What? Is it because "you are family" right?" I shake my head. An annoying laugh escaping my lips before I could even stop it.
"Saul I know we have that code. But for fucks sakes can't you just let it off this one time?"

"Listen to me." Saul stood up. Quickly. His fists clenched and his glare fixated on me. "You. Are more than that."

"What—"

"Since the first day you rolled into camp. I knew you'd be an Aldecaldo. And I took you under my wing. Trained you." Saul began to pace around the room. His voice calming as he went on about his experiences with me.

"You were a tough kid. Strong willed. Didn't let any rainy day keep you from taking on the job." Saul stopped. Pausing, as he gathered his thoughts.
"I admired you for that. It kept me goin' myself when it got rough for the clan."