Chapter 8

He reached her residence in about the longest and most anxious 15 minutes of his life. But as her house came into view his eyes widened. It was a beautiful mansion. It suited the new Amaira, well not his Amaira.

His Amaira had always wanted a small warm,cozy cottage near mountains,with a fireplace and a garden. A place that could be called a home.

Their home..

He sighed and shook his head as he had to concentrate on the task at hand. Focus, he commanded himself. His car was stopped at the entrance by the security. After clearing the purpose of his visit the guard's eyes widened and through his walkie talkie he definitely said something like "He's here,inform-"

Maybe Amaira had asked him to give a heads up when he arrives. He smiled.

But what he encountered when he was asked to enter the study of the beautiful mansion,was definitely not what he expected.

Greeting him there was Mr. Yashwardhan Kapoor, Amaira's father.

He was a tall, good looking but an extremely intimidating man who in his  Italian suit looked every inch a successful business tycoon he was. But to him he was the one who was the cause of Amaira's ruined childhood,her happiness.  He gave her nothing but sadness, even though she tried to hide it.

What was he doing here?

"Ah Hello Mr. Sebastian Raichand. We meet again." he smiled.

"Hello Mr. Kapoor." he curtly replied. He did not want to have any conversation with this man. All he wanted was Amaira , his eyes looked around the room as he searched for her.

If he was offended with the his rude tone he did not show it.

"Come on, Amaira's will be here in a few minutes.She's..busy"  that caught my attention..

"Busy? Where is she?" his voice sharpened.

Mr. Kapoor smiled and gave him a knowing look which confused him.

He frowned and repeated the same question but the answer was interrupted by Amaira's mother who came barging in the library , which confused him even more.

"Yash I--- " she stopped as she noticed Sebastian's presence. She glared ferociously at him and he dint blame her. When Amaira and him were in a relationship Mrs. Kapoor had always supported them but now she looked at him as if she wanted to murder him but he dint blame her.

"Mr. Raichand." she acknowledged him in a cold tone and an even colder expression, and Sebastian and Mr. Kapoor both winced at her tone.

"Amaira will be here in a few minutes. Would you like something to eat?" before he could decline she said in a firm,authoritative tone   "Yash I need to talk to you now." and then turned to him

"Please excuse us." with that they both left him in the study.

What was happening?

He knew Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor were not together. In fact Amaira's mother loathed her husband and she had every right to. He remembered the time Amaira had told him about her family.

Yash Kapoor had cheated on Amaira's mother since the beginning of the marriage but as she had always chose to ignore it for the sake of Amaira and because she loved him a lot but could not bring herself to end the marriage and ignored all his affairs. Till one time that one of his girlfriends attacked Amaira who was severely injured and insulted both Amaira and her mother in a jealous rage. Yash had chose to ignore it and supported his mistress. This knowledge had enraged Sebastian as he thought of vulnerable Amaira who did not get the love she so obviously deserved from her father.