Chapter 9

Sebastian stood,  transfixed.

His heart pounding and numbness taking over him.

Amaira had kids? But she wasn't married.

His brain racked with all the possibilities going through it. His heart ached with the knowledge that the kids were not his.

That Amaira was not his anymore.

God he hoped they were fine. 

He saw Mr. and Mrs. Kapoor rushing inside the hospital.

Mr. Kapoor urged his wife to meet Amaira and came and stood beside him.

For a moment OR two he seemed to be lost in his thoughts before turning to him. He gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Come on lets go inside."  pointing to the emergency ward.

What was he trying to do?

To see the broken man he was now?

To see his heartbreak and grief?

"No I think its time I leave." Sebastian said and he was turning to leave he added "Take care of Amaira..I..." he choked as his eyes blurred, his chest heavy.

This was the final goodbye. Damn it why did he feel so weak? He should have known that after what he did to Amaira she would want to forget about him. And move on.

He couldn't breathe.

He had to get out of here.

"No you should meet them."Mr Kapoor said determinedly. "Please come Sebastian. Amaira needs you right now." his voice softening at the mention of his daughter. "Even though she maybe too stubborn to admit it. Come."

He reluctantly followed Mr. Kapoor. What if her husband was there with her?

Will he be able to survive watching Amaira with someone else?

"Is her husband going to be there?" his voice cracked.

"Amaira's not married Sebastian." he replied in a curt tone.

"But then the kids...?" his voice faded.

"You should talk to Amaira, Sebastian.  I think its about time you both have a decent conversation.." Mr. Kapoor interrupted as he opened the door of the ward .

Sebastian was confused at his reaction but his thoughts were further interrupted by Amaira's voice.

She was at a far corner with four to five people around her. They blocked the view of the kid.

"..---you should drive carefully. You know what you're not allowed to drive anymore. Forget driving, even if I see you near any kind of vehicle I--"

"Mom it was not my fault.OUCH! Arrgghhh..." a masculine voice replied as the doctor did his checkups.

He expected a young kid but it was definitely a voice of a 17-18 year old.

" And you. What are you smiling about? Huh? You guys would have distracted him! " she said turning to a young girl and another boy.

He couldn't see clearly as the doctors and nurses were surrounding them.

"MOM NO! Seriously I dint do anything .The driver of the other car was drunk. Well he did look drunk and he was on the wrong side. How were we to know that he would come out of no where  and then BOOM! he banged his car--" the girl replied dramatically reminding him of Amaira.

Wait Mom? How many kids did she have? 

"Oh god you guys are really hurt. Let me see."

"Mom no please. Seriously nothing's wrong and you're embarrassing me." another masculine voice faded.