Part-12

A few days passed Kairav opened his eyes and is now slowly recovering. He was breathing on his own without any external support. He was able to speak a few words.

Abhi, Akshu, Aarohi and Neil have been taking turns to be with Kairav and family members would come in between during their hectic schedules.

Akshu wouldn't let Abhi, Neil and Aarohi stay at night as they couldn't skip their morning appointments and they would even get worked up due to emergency cases. Akshu would stay back in the hospital and would go home in the morning to come back in the afternoon to take care of her appointments.

Due to all this Akshu and Abhi were not able to spend time with each other, it had been days that they hadn't spoken to each other. There were a few days where in they did not see each other and were missing each other a lot.

Abhi decided to meet Akshu early in the morning so he thought he'll leave early from home. When he reached hospital he went towards Kairav's room to find Akshu struggling to sleep, she couldn't rest her head, Abhi went and set next to her the moment she found some comfort next to her she rested her head on his shoulder.

Abhi's POV: bechari kitna thak jaati hogi, nind bhi complete nahi kar paati apne appointments bhi cancel nahi karvati aur hum kisi ko raat mein saath mein rehne bhi nahi deti. Kitni weak lag rah hai main uski kuch help bhi nahi kar paa raha itna bura lag raha hai na mujhe, Kairav jaldi se theek ho jaye bass main Akshu ko atleast 4 days ki chutti lene ke liye bol dunga.

He lovingly caresses her face and because of that Akshu wakes up and looks at him and smiles and then realises where they are and looks around to find other people starring at them and smiling. She slowly moves away from him.

Abhi: sorry tumhe utha diya

Akshu: are nahi nahi main uthne hi wali thi pata nahi kaise phirse nind lag gayi

Abhi: Akshu obviously nind aayegi tumhe pata bhi ke tum kitne din se raat mein nahi soi ho?

Akshu: lekin din mein toh soti hu na

Abhi: sirf do ghante

Akshu: ha that's enough

Abhi: no Akshu it's not mujhe toh darr hai ke kahi tum hi na bimar pad jaao

Akshu: aisa kuch nahi hoga main khudka khayal rakh rahi hu Dr Abhimanyu

Abhi: aise kyu bula rahi ho mujhe

Akshu: aaju baaju sab log hume ghoor rahe hai aur smile bhi kar rahe hai

Abhi looks around to find the staff members starring at them.

Abhi: chalo kahi bahar chalte hai

Akshu: bhaiyya ko chodkar?

Abhi: woh so rahe hai and I'll tell one nurse to stay with him for some time don't worry

Akshu: tumhari appointment?

Abhi: Akshu have you seen the time? Sirf 7 baje hai itne jaldi patients nahi leta main

Akshu: toh phir tum itne jaldi kyu aaye ho?

Abhi: bahar chalo batata hu, bahar garden mein wait karna main nurse ko instructions deke aata hu

Akshu: okay

She gets up and goes out, Abhi instructs the nurse and goes out. He finds Akshu sitting on a bench he goes and sits next to her and takes her hand in his hand.

Akshu: bolo kya hua? Kuch problem hai? Bhaiyya ke reports theek hai na? Humse care lene mein kuch kami reh gayi kya?

Abhi: shhhh relax Akshu tumse milne jaldi aya hu main, kitne din ho gaye na tumhe dekh pata hu theek se na humari baat hoti hai na main tumhare saath time spend kar paata hu isi liye aaj socha Aaj jaldi aake tumse milunga