Chapter 6: Knife Swinging

A/N - The door to John's room was closed, so Charlie couldn't hear the call, but the banging was loud enough to the point where she could hear it even with the bedroom door closed.

The banging became even louder. John's heart rate went up. He figured that it was Elizabeth banging on the door. Charlie had gotten up by this point and was behind John. For a moment the banging stopped entirely.

John? What was that about? Why was there banging on the door?

Just as the words came out of Charlie's mouth, the door flew open, revealing Elizabeth. The thing is, she looked exactly like Charlie, same facial features and everything. Well, almost the same. Her eyes were a bit too green, her brows too high, her cheekbones a bit too high.

Charlie noticed that Elizabeth was holding a knife in her left hand. Everything that happened after that happened in a blur. Charlie couldn't remember what happened correctly, but that one moment stayed crystal clear in her mind.

"You thought that you could just get away and live your happily ever after, didn't you Charlie? You think that a robot that doesn't even have a soul, created by a man who was grieving over his dead daughter could have a happy ending? If you thought so you were mistaken. You took everything from me. If I can't have a happily ever after, I'm going to make sure that you can't either."

After that, Elizabeth swung at her with the knife she was holding, as she was trying to stab her. Charlie closed her eyes as she knew what was coming next, but she felt nothing. Not in a bad way, but in the sense that she didn't feel like she had gotten stabbed. Because she didn't. But she heard someone get stabbed.