0: Fates Plaything

One bad day. That was all it took. Just... One.

       "Mom?" The woman with the darkish brown hair turned, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling like diamonds. "Yes mijo?" "Why does dad have green eyes?" She laughed, smiling widely. Joy radiated from her face. The young boy with the spiky brown hair could only smile back, his eyes doing the same as his moms. "Well... You're dad was born with them silly! Just like you and Lucy were born with my eyes."  "Màma?" "¿Qué?" "When will dad be home?" She chuckled, looking down at her hands. "Soon. Be patient." "Okay mom. Hope their bringing food..." "I'm cooking mijo. Do you not want my cooking?" "I do Mami!" "Good." Sol smiled. "So... what're—" "Steak mijo. Steak." "Okay! I'm-" "I know you are mi pequiño. You and you're father are too alike." She said, laughing softly. "Oh. Me and you're father are going out soon. I'm making dinner, we'll eat and then we'll head out. Okay?" "Okay Mami." She smiled at sol, and hugged him, as he hugged back.

          An hour later. Gohan and Videl had left the house, with Sol in tow. Just to take off some of the weight of responsibility for Lucia, who had to watch her two younger sisters. "Dad?" "Yes Sol?" "Where are we going?" "We're-" Before he could finish the sentence, a truck slammed into the hood of the car, as Gohan hit the dashboard hard, groaning. Videl had slammed her fist into the dash, bringing out the airbag. She looked back to look for her son, who had came up, flying towards the front of the car. Videl caught him, hugging him tight, as the car came up. The car spun towards the edge of the bridge, which it tilted off, where Videl got Sol out of the car. She groaned, trying to pull her seatbelt off. Gohan had been knocked out, from the force of the impact from hitting his head on the dash. Videl looked at her son, in a panic. "Sol. Get far away from here. I need you to get home." "What? But... M-Mom..." "Go!" She yelled, her eyes tearing up. "Please...!!" She cried, blood pouring from her nose. "Mom, I don't want to... leave you!" Videl looked proud of her son, as she smiled, sadly. "I'm proud of you, Sol. I love you." "What? Mom!" Videl pushed him away from the car, as the car tilted off. She cried, and closed her eyes, accepting her fate. "Mom!!!" Sol yelled, as the car rolled down the bridge, slamming into the ground below. A loud explosion roared through the air, as Sol took it all in. His eyes went wide. Tears formed, rolling down his cheeks as he sat on the concrete, traumatized. He buried his head into his hands, bawling. He was only eight. "Why... Why here... Why now?!!" He screamed, in a fit of rage and sadness. He cried, and cried, until it hurt. He clenched his shaking fist as he got up, his spiky brown hair swaying in the wind. His beautiful blue eyes reacted to his sadness, turning them into a dark and depressing gray.

     "Sol? What- Where's mom? And dad?" His older sister asked, as Sol just looked down. "Sol?" Her voice was shaky, she looked panicked. "Sol... Please say their okay..." She said, tears flowing down her cheeks. Sol wanted to cry, but his eyes hurt from it already. "They're... gone. I'm... sorry." Lucy looked shocked, like she was going lost her mind. Sol hugged her tightly, as she bawled into his shoulder for awhile. "Sol? Where's mommy? And daddy?" "Yeah! Where are they? Are they hiding?" Evangeline asked, followed by her little sister, Luz. Sol looked down still, as Luz started crying. The four siblings hugged, all crying together, in a way that was so painful. Lucy was shaking from the fear, as she whimpered, softly.