39 - The other side

Once again Jimmy wanted to throw his phone across the room as he snuggled into Tate drawing her closer. "Mmm. I slept amazing. Thank you."

She wiggled free. "I'm glad, but no time for fun. Go shower and I'll pretend I'm your cook."

He pulled her back. "I'd rather go hungry and we can shower together afterwards."

She pushed on him as she giggled. "Tempting, but I need to talk to the boss." She laughed. "I want to catch him early."

"Good luck with that." Jimmy fell onto his back. She shot down both him and his boner.

She laughed. "Go shower, big guy."

"Keep that up and I'm going to take you in the kitchen."

She laughed and vanished as he took some deep breaths. When he reached in to turn on the shower he left it on cold. It would wake him and get rid of his boner. He needed to exercise, but getting enough sleep promoted good health too.

As he dried off, the scent of cooked eggs met him. He entered the kitchen wearing his trousers and only an undershirt. She smiled at him. "No gel?" Then she reached up and tousled his towel dried hair.

"I'll do it in a minute. I'm starving."

"What did you eat yesterday?"

He shrugged. "A bran muffin. It was dry. I had a sandwich in Denver when I looked at locations."

"Were they Kane Properties?"

He chuckled. "Not answering."

She pouted. "And I made you eggs."

"They are delicious. Thank you." He leaned over and kissed her. She ate only yogurt. "I should let my chef go and you can cook for me."

She pushed on his shoulder. "We would both starve. Eggs are the height of my expertise. Unlike my brother, I don't love the kitchen."

"Then you had better pick a man with a cook on staff." He winked.

"I'll have to keep a lookout then."

Jimmy was almost certain he wanted to be that man. It could be his pride, but he was still reluctant to announce he had become a wolf. What if he were really a snake in wolf's clothing?

Thirty minutes later, O'Hara was at the curb. Tate wasn't ready, and he offered to have his chauffeur drive her after he had dropped him off.

"It's fine. With my luck Baxter would see me."

His chest thudded unpleasantly at her comment. Riding in together had been fine when her brother was out of town. As soon as he reached his office, he went to work researching Whitby Enterprises. It was a Boston based company, but he had never done business with them before. Retail companies were not typically his niche until Dawson embarrassed Tate.

The philanthropy scene in Boston was small enough that he and the Whitbys had attended some of the same events. His father had warned him about the old man Whitby, but he was out of the picture. Jimmy digressed to the family foundation page. He knew about it, but had not attended their events. Splashed on the homepage was information on a large gala. If he did business with the family, he would attend. Would Tate join him?

Returning to the business side, it encouraged him to see that none of their holdings were sports retail. He would see how his meeting went, before he mentioned it to his team.

His day passed quickly while he caught up on the things he missed the day before. He had a conference call with his father. Seeing him smiling on his patio in the sun caused Jimmy to smile. A part of him wanted to confide in him about his confusion, but it would get back to his mother. Neither were unbiased in their opinions about marriage. Jimmy froze. He might have avoided saying the word to himself, but it was the only way he could keep what he had.