A Flowery Stop

--- Start of Chapter ---

The breeze was quite refreshing as I could feel it washing over my face, swaying my bangs in the process. Not just that, but the view behind me was that of a dense forest. One that was enough for me to praise the single dominant color, that being green---

"Hey! Don't stop moving! We still have three more kilometers up the path!"

"Gah! Don't remind me of that! I'm trying to take my mind off it!"

"Eeeh? Really? Then, forget what I just said and keep looking over there! Although... if you do keep that up, then maybe we will arrive at night time, after all."

"Agh... Now you're making me feel bad since I indirectly halted our progress..."

I sighed before looking toward the person that I had been having conversation with.

Long brown hair that could might as well be said to even reach her calf, while at the end was some blue shade overlaying the brown edges. While the brownish blue eyes that had cheerfulness under its gaze were staring at the peak in the distance.

"...ah! You're staring at me, again!"

She noticed my gaze.

"Still... care to remind me why I'm climbing this massive mountain, again..."

"To accompany me, of course."

She pointed at herself.

"Yeah, but beside that..."

"Eh? So you're telling me that my wish isn't important...?"

"Huh?"

She looked at me with a dejected look before the corner of her eyes became blurry, indicating that she was tearing up.

For a moment, both of us stared at each other. But soon enough, I sighed and gave in to her wishes.

"Hah... Just don't be moving too fast. My body's that of a normal human, you know? It's significantly different from a trained immortal like you, Sushang."

After hearing that, she smiled widely before suddenly appearing right beside me.

"Right, then! We'll climb up side-by-side!"

"Eh? No, wait, I feel like that's gonna make it much more diff-"

"No comment! Just follow my lead."

"...."

She grabbed my hand and walked before me. Once again, I sighed before making a smile and followed her steps.

As we continued up the pathway, I could see a bunch of different kinds of plants, fruits, and even flowers. If one were to say, then this journey through the path might as well be called as walking through a vast garden.

"Ah, what's that?"

Then, a particular thing appeared within my vision, and I stopped moving. As a result, Sushang also stopped her walk and looked in the direction where my eyes were looking.

"Oh, that's a cornflower. Have you never seen it?"

"No, this is my first time seeing it."

"Is that so... Well, let's take a closer look, then."

"Eh? Is that fine?"

"Of course, Silly. Why wouldn't it be?"

I looked at her surprised while she just gave me a smile. Then, she pulled my hand and lead me through the trees. As we walked by, I could feel the wind brushing over us. It was refreshing though, so I didn't mind.