A Walk Back

--- Start of Chapter ---

"Hey, get this done tonight."

"Huh? But this isn't my---"

"So? Do I look like I care? Get it done in my stead. I'm in a hurry. But you? I bet you have the night all to yourself."

"..."

A sigh left my mouth as I shook my head, about to decline---

"What? You don't want to do it?"

A grin formed on his face.

"Tsk."

I clicked my tongue and accepted the stack of files with an obvious displeased look on my face.

"Wait."

"What?"

"I think I may have a friend who also needs help---"

"Just piss off already, you're getting in the way of my work."

"...hah?"

"What? Are your ears filled with nothing but garbage? Just go out, enjoy whatever you need to do. You're in a hurry, aren't you? Or will you keep being an annoyance and being a hindrance in my work performance? In which, just so you know, and I'm pretty sure you know since you ARE the son of the Team Leader, that being directly involved with a co-worker's performance, or even more so LOWERING them, is a BIG rule breaker. Did you get it, Mr. Oh-so-I'm-a-son-of-the-highest-ranking-person-round-here?"

A thick mark appeared on his forehead, but I paid it no mind as I continued my work.

"Fine, then! Just know that if you ever said that one more time---"

"What? You're still here? Are you really trying to lower my capabilities? Is that what you're doing?"

"...tsk!"

He clicked his tongue and turned around, walking through the corridor before kicking one of the walls to show his anger. On another hand, I just sighed before relaxing my back on the seat stand.

"...uh."

Suddenly, a voice came from beside me. I calmed myself and looked toward him.

"Yes?"

It was a junior, one that had only worked here for a week.

On his face was a look of concern, he also seemed like he wanted to say something but was fidgeting, probably due to nervousness and whatnot since that was the first time he'd seen something like that happening here.

"It's okay, Junior."

"But... What if he actually---"

"He won't."

"Eh...? How can you be so sure?"

He still had the same concerned look, but there was also some confusion mixed in. So, I just grinned and pointed at the billboard, hanging on the wall just a distance away.

"If he did do something, then I have my own ways of exploiting what's already established. What is there to be afraid of?"

"I-I see..."

He nodded slowly before turning around and started to continue his work.

"Well, that's that. Now just finish this in a flash and I'm done."

I muttered to myself before grabbing the mouse and looked at the computer.

[2 Hours Later]

"Phew... That's done."

I stood from my seat and pulled my arm a bit, that resulted in cracking sounds coming from my back.