Chapter 1

It was a dreary afternoon at the Port Mafia headquarters. Osamu Dazai, the infamous right-hand man of Boss Mori Ogai, strode purposefully through the entrance. As usual, his slick black coat and swaying stride caused all the underlings to quickly move out of his path.

However, when Dazai reached the front desk to sign in, the new secretary did not recognize him. "Oi, children right round back," the man said gruffly, gesturing to the side without looking up from his paperwork.

Dazai grinned slyly. "I'm not a minor...well, I am," he replied in a coy tone. But the secretary remained oblivious. "Right, so round the back," he repeated impatiently.

Dazai leaned forward onto the desk, meeting the man's eyes directly. "I'm here to see the Boss," he stated clearly. The secretary barely glanced up. "Well, you've got to sign in like everyone else. What's your name?"

Dazai paused for dramatic effect before replying, "Osamu." A momentary silence followed as the secretary typed. "Dazai," he finished smoothly.

At the full name, the color drained from the secretary's face. "M-my apologies, Mr. Dazai!" he stammered. "P-please, go right ahead!"

Dazai merely smiled, sauntering away to carry out the Boss's bidding. The new secretary swore under his breath, knowing he would pay dearly for his blunder.